Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Hi all, I have included johnl's fix for the cmake error in the main howto - thanks to johnl for pointing out this problem, let's hope it's fixed in svn quickly.

Yes, the build process is unnecessarily complicated. Unfortunately I don't have the knowledge yet to build good quality debian packages to make it easier for everyone. If anyone has problems, please post here in this thread and I'll do my best to help.

Also, don't forget to try IRC, I got a lot of help from the dev(s) when I posted there.

atlas95: Have you read the "Configuring projectm" section in the main tutorial?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Sorry it is good, I have read this at to soon

Beans

On the 64 bit ubuntu, I cannot compile projectm with the font support. Anyone have any ideas on that?

But currently there is a conflict between projectm and compiz. When they run together, you'll experience flicker. Hopefully this bug will be fixed. However, until then you can run metacity (the fallback window manager) when you run projectm. when you run my script, the fallback window manager will be used so the flicker will be eliminated.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    metacity --replace &
    projectM-pulseaudio
    compiz --replace &

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

oops, double post. mods delete this please.

Sam
    Last edited by sammydee; April 15th, 2008 at 09:26 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by punkrockguy318 View Post
    On the 64 bit ubuntu, I cannot compile projectm with the font support. Anyone have any ideas on that?

But currently there is a conflict between projectm and compiz. When they run together, you'll experience flicker. Hopefully this bug will be fixed. However, until then you can run metacity (the fallback window manager) when you run projectm.
    punkrockguy318:

With regard to the font support on 64 bit systems, I believe this is a known issue and is documented in the projectm wiki linked in my original tutorial. Your best bet is to ask someone on the projectm irc channel.

With regards to compiz - what video card/drivers are you using. I am using a nvidia geforce go 7400 with 169.12 binary drivers and don't have any problems at all with projectm and compiz.

Sam

Beans

I've tried two different computer both with ATI cards (a radeon and a 3850). Perhaps its an ATI issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have been trying to fix these *.pc and *.inp copy issues for a while now. I need feedback- are people still having problems with the latest svn updates?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Struktured:

If you UPDATE the svn, could the old *.pc and *.inp files be left over from the last configuration?

Wouldn't it be better to test by checking out a whole new version?

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I have tried this (on 3 different linux machines) and it still worked- this is why I'm confused as to how users are still having problems.

Beans

To users that are still having problems:

Delete your projectm folders and follow the instructions of the TC again. There were some problems in the build code but they've since been fixed, so try just removing your projectm folders and rebuilding.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast