Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Both very doable in the Qt4 framework (or any gui of course). I will consider these simple mods and possibly implement them when my work dies down.

Please post your feature requests on our sourceforge tracker accessible via

http://projectm.sf.net

-struk

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

mouse hiding is implemented on trunk r1016. Let me know if its the desired behavior.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I used this guide to compile ProjectM on gutsy, and it worked wonders, no problems at all.

But now...

When I run projectM-test, nothing happens. At all.

When I run projectM-pulseaudio, the qt menu comes up, but if I try switching to another visual, or wait for it to switch by itself, I get

Code:
    ellanceo@TheThinGreyBox:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp 
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp 
    configFile: /home/ellanceo/.projectM/config.inp
    MAX SAMPLES:2048
    load config END 
    unconnected: connecting... 
    connectHelper:  "alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor" 
    terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
    Aborted
    Help?

Please?

I really really REALLY love ProjectM, and it is definitely one of the highlights of my lappytop.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by struktured View Post
    Both very doable in the Qt4 framework (or any gui of course). I will consider these simple mods and possibly implement them when my work dies down.

Please post your feature requests on our sourceforge tracker accessible via

http://projectm.sf.net

-struk
    Mouse hiding works like a charm

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

El-Lance-O - not easy to trace that. Try giving me a stack trace of it, maybe that will reveal something? That is, build in debug mode, then run it in gdb.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How would I go about doing that?

I am quite new to compiling things, and I couldn't find a list of arguments for projectM to run it in say verbose mode or anything of the sort so that I might get more feedback.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Do same steps as shown in tutorial, but change CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE to Debug rather than Release. Then type "gdb /usr/bin/projectM-pulseaudio" . Then type the command "r" inside of gdb to run it. If it crashes then type "bt" for a backtrace and post the results.

Beans

I'm new to this ProjectM thing, but am a big fan of the milkdrop visualizations. I have installed "libprojectm1 & libprojectm1-data & libprojectm-dev" from the Hardy repos, and I try to run the command "projectM-pulsaudio" and nothing happens, just "command not found". the one from the repos seems to be version 1.01-5. There doesn't seem to be a binary listed under the properties for libprojectm1 ... just libraries, and docs. I'm sure pulseaudio is working, as I have tested it through the sound option. Please let me know how I can make this work.

Thanks

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenCT View Post
    I'm new to this ProjectM thing, but am a big fan of the milkdrop visualizations. I have installed "libprojectm1 & libprojectm1-data & libprojectm-dev" from the Hardy repos, and I try to run the command "projectM-pulsaudio" and nothing happens, just "command not found". the one from the repos seems to be version 1.01-5. There doesn't seem to be a binary listed under the properties for libprojectm1 ... just libraries, and docs. I'm sure pulseaudio is working, as I have tested it through the sound option. Please let me know how I can make this work.

Thanks
    the projectm from the hardy repos do not include the projectM-pulseaudio program. it's recommended that you either follow the instructions on the first page to build projectM from the latest source, or wait for projectM to release 1.2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

How to uninstall projectM?

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast