Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

You can reset the settings, by deleting the config file.

Code:
    rm ~/.projectM/config.inp

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Which package should I download from http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...roup_id=104201 if I don't want SVN?
    Quad core AMD Phenom - 4 GB RAM - 2 1TB hard drives

Beans

When starting projectM from amarok a black window appears and then disappears.
    When running projectM-pulseaudio, there is no command found, but projectM-test shows that there is an error with:

dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp
    Screen Resolution: 1400 x 1050
    configFile: /home/moritz/.projectM/config.inp
    *** glibc detected *** projectM-test: double free or corruption (out): 0x084129e0 ***

and then a further error message from backtrace.
    Is there anyway to fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Projectm from sv has been broken for ages. Next time a proper release is made I'll write a guide up here on how to install it, until then you're best off sticking with one of the older releases.

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Yes, but which one should I download?
    Quad core AMD Phenom - 4 GB RAM - 2 1TB hard drives

Beans

i installed, everything seemed to have worked, but when i try to run the program from the terminal i get this:

starr@yggdrasil:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ projectM-pulseaudio
    Cannot open file ':/images/icons/prjm16-transparent.svg', because: Unknown error
    Cannot open file ':/images/icons/prjm16-transparent.svg', because: Unknown error
    Segmentation fault

when i try to run it from the applications menu, nothing happens at all. i have no idea what to do here. help!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unchartedstarr View Post
    i installed, everything seemed to have worked, but when i try to run the program from the terminal i get this:

starr@yggdrasil:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ projectM-pulseaudio
    Segmentation fault

when i try to run it from the applications menu, nothing happens at all. i have no idea what to do here. help!
    Yeah I installed projectM recently and have had the same problems except a window actually pops up but then is instantly closed. so yeah sorry i cant be of any help but i hope someone can. helping you, helps me

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Tofu View Post
    Yeah I installed projectM recently and have had the same problems except a window actually pops up but then is instantly closed. so yeah sorry i cant be of any help but i hope someone can. helping you, helps me

I have the EXACT same issue.
    Anyone able to help!?

Beans

a window sort of pops up for me, too, actually... i don't actually see a window but i do see it in the taskbar for a second before it closes. so i think we really are having the EXACT same problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

With so many of us experiencing the same issue, maybe someone will pick this up.

BTW: Milkrop/ProjectM ran fine on my machine when I was running XP.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast