Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by trappy View Post
    still no amd64 deb file that works?
    projectM-amd64.deb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Can someone please post a newer .deb? I installed the one posted previously, and it works, however, Synaptic keeps trying to upgrade my libs to 1.2.0-1 rather than 1.2, which breaks the projectm-pulse package. I've tried numerous times to compile the svn, but I simply can't get it to build. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by hitchhiker427 View Post
    can someone please post a newer .deb?
    REV 1199 with following options:
    use_cg on
    use_devil off
    use_fbo on
    use_ftgl on
    use_gles1 off
    use_native_glew off
    use_openmp on
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by skram View Post
    REV 1199 with following options:
    Oh, I'm sorry. Thanks a lot for posting that, but I need a 32-bit version. THanks again.

EDIT: I did some searching, and finally got it to compile (rev. 1199).
    Last edited by Hitchhiker427; November 29th, 2008 at 10:42 AM.

Beans

My sound would not work at all when I switched to pulseaudio from alsa in Hardy 64. I retraced my steps and switched back to alsa to fix the sound, but still would love to get projectm working.

What can I do to get projectm reacting to my computers line in input without using pulseaudio??

Beans

Thumbs down Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Rangua View Post
    hi, i've tried to install projectm from synaptic, but after it installs the command isn't available... i've tried looking for the program but it seems it didn't got installed.. i've also tried doing the svn thing, but i get an error saying (on make):
    You are hitting the same thing I hit on check out from SVN.

/home/toby/progs/svn/projectM-Trunk/src/projectM-test/getConfigFilename.cpp:31:26: warning: character constant too long for its type

I'm no CMake expert, but I'm a hardened C hacker and this has an easy (if crappy) fix.

PROJECTM_PREFIX should be set to "/usr" (assuming you set this when you did ccmake .). For some reason, CMake has messed this up.

The HACK: In each affected .cpp file, just add the following lines:

#undef PROJECTM_PREFIX
    #define PROJECTM_PREFIX "/usr"

and compile. If someone can pick apart the CMake stuff and provide a proper fix, I'd be interested. Until then, I have a working ProjectM install on my Intrepid AMD64 box.

Cheers,
    Toby Haynes

Beans

I've been reading that people have had trouble running Compiz while using ProjectM. Running both was working fine for me on Jaunty Alpha 3, until I ran some updates yesterday, and now it ProjectM runs so slow it's unusable (that's what I get for running alpha). It will still work under metacity though... Has anyone else experienced this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by swornbrother View Post
    I've been reading that people have had trouble running Compiz while using ProjectM. Running both was working fine for me on Jaunty Alpha 3, until I ran some updates yesterday, and now it ProjectM runs so slow it's unusable (that's what I get for running alpha). It will still work under metacity though... Has anyone else experienced this?
    Fine for me with Jaunty and Compiz.

Beans

I'm having problem running make with below:

user@noctifer:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ make && sudo make install[ 1%] Building CXX object libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/FBO.o
    c++: no input files
    /bin/sh: -fPIC: not found
    make[2]: *** [libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/FBO.o] Error 127
    make[1]: *** [libprojectM/Renderer/CMakeFiles/Renderer.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Any ideas? It seems I don't have -P option for bin/sh Bourne shell? Can I change compile to use Bash?

Thanks,

Chris

Beans

SO I made a mistake and made the settings way to high quality now i cannot open project m is there any way i can change the settings for the quality with out opening project m? or some how reinstalling it? i tried reinstalling it but somehow the settings stuck.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast