Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Hi samantha.

Try downloading the 1.1 release instead of the svn, it compiles very easily and doesn't have any problems with cg. It's not that old at all either.

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

The install process from SVN went like normal (except for a number of warnings in ccmake,) but it won't work. If I run it from the menu, a window appears for a split second and disappears. Here's what I get if I run it from the terminal:

Code:
    maxtothemax@maxtothemax-laptop:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    dir:/usr/share/projectM/config.inp 
    reading ~/.projectM/config.inp 
    configFile: /home/maxtothemax/.projectM/config.inp
    MAX SAMPLES:2048
    No Textures Loaded from /usr/share/projectM/textures
    load config END 
    unconnected: connecting... 
    connectHelper:  "alsa_output.pci_8086_284b_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor" 
    Segmentation fault
    maxtothemax@maxtothemax-laptop:~$
    I find it hard to believe that someone would do an SVN commit with code that has a segfault in it, so it's probably something at my end.
    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
    -Thomas Paine

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Just compiled rev 1128. Compiles fine with cg=off), but error when starting programm:

Code:
    (gdb) frame 4
    #4  0x00007f679921d57a in TextureManager (this=0xad4900, _presetURL=@0x7fffa1930910) at /home/rainer/work/src/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/TextureManager.cpp:44
    (gdb) frame 3
    #3  0x00007f679921d2ee in TextureManager::Preload (this=0xad4900) at /home/rainer/work/src/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/TextureManager.cpp:72
    (gdb) frame 2
    #2  0x00007f679922ca34 in SOIL_load_OGL_texture_from_memory (buffer=0x7f6799249680 "", buffer_length=27965, force_channels=0, reuse_texture_ID=0, flags=41) at /home/rainer/work/src/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/SOIL.c:275
    Current language:  auto; currently c
    (gdb) frame 1
    #1  0x00007f679922e265 in SOIL_internal_create_OGL_texture (data=0xad49f0 "", width=256, height=256, channels=4, reuse_texture_ID=0, flags=41, opengl_texture_type=3553, opengl_texture_target=3553, texture_check_size_enum=3379) at /home/rainer/work/src/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/SOIL.c:1247
    (gdb) frame 0
    #0  0xffffffff998f3da0 in ?? ()

Cya(o)
    . . . Rainer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It's pretty useless reporting these sort of showstopping bugs here. Although I wrote the guide, I am NOT a dev and these sort of issues are really way out of my league to fix. It's much more useful if you let the devs know directly.

Get on IRC or the bug tracker and tell them their app is broken!

Sam
    Last edited by sammydee; August 12th, 2008 at 02:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Just one comment to my package builder: I will pretty much discontinue it now, because there is a version 1.2 now (I just realized that it is out for 2 months now ) and SVN is becoming more and more unstable and unusable anyway. I think that they are beginning to develop version 2.0

I found out that the Qt 4.4 incompatibility only occurs with non-english locales... In order to fix it, just execute projectm-pulseaudio like that:

Code:
    LC_NUMERIC=C projectm-pulseaudio
    I have uploaded some packages for version 1.2, including the sources (not in dsc/tar.gz/diff format, but just as one tarball)... the sources are meant for Qt4.4, as otherwise the build-dependency libqt4-opengl-dev is not met. I will do this in two posts...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jojo12a; August 14th, 2008 at 08:54 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

followup upload
    please strip the .zip off the .7z file, this is NOT a zip file, I needed compression in order to make the file smaller than the limit, you will need one of the p7zip* packages...

PS: Everything is only for Qt4.4 because the packaging structures have changed... and everything can eat your cat and such things
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jojo12a; August 14th, 2008 at 12:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

one thing : you mention that mikdrop is used by winamp for visualistaions.

i thought it was the advanced visualisation studio that winamp used? to me this is the one thing i always wanted in linux.
    Fear is the mindkiller....
    The little death that obliterates...

Beans

Getting the same problem:

Code:
    sandman@procyon:~/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src$ projectM-test
    Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
    configFile: /home/sandman/.projectM/config.inp
    Segmentation fault

I will try contacting the devs about this and reply in time
    My Blog
    Procyon >> Dell Studio 1535 Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz | Intel 965PM | 2GB RAM DDR2 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 256MB | HDD: 250GB | Fedora 11 |
    In Windows, Its easier said than done but in Linux, Its already done...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MaxIBoy View Post
    The install process from SVN went like normal (except for a number of warnings in ccmake,) but it won't work. If I run it from the menu, a window appears for a split second and disappears. Here's what I get if I run it from the terminal:

Code:
    maxtothemax@maxtothemax-laptop:~$ projectM-pulseaudio
    configFile: /home/maxtothemax/.projectM/config.inp
    load config END 
    unconnected: connecting... 
    connectHelper:  "alsa_output.pci_8086_284b_sound_card_0_alsa_playback_0.monitor" 
    Segmentation fault
    maxtothemax@maxtothemax-laptop:~$
    I find it hard to believe that someone would do an SVN commit with code that has a segfault in it, so it's probably something at my end.

I think I have found it!

try turning off the "USE FBO" parameter when doing ccmake. Worked for me
    My Blog
    Procyon >> Dell Studio 1535 Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz | Intel 965PM | 2GB RAM DDR2 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 256MB | HDD: 250GB | Fedora 11 |
    In Windows, Its easier said than done but in Linux, Its already done...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I think this is because only nvidia cards have drivers that support framebuffer objects at the moment, so intel cards will fail.

sam

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast