Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is there a Legal version of Puppy Linux?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Is there a Legal version of Puppy Linux?

if you see any tell me!
    Ahh for post counts
    am I being unsubtle?
    Its cause I dont think I actually hav much useful to say :\

Beans

If it is not illegal to distribute the codecs in Australia then every version of Puppy is Legal.

Period, no more discussion.

If your House Representatives don't know that they went against the constitution when approving DRM and blocking your right to use your information the way you see fit, then take it with them, not with Puppy.

Music and video are information. If you record some video or music and the recorder generates AVI or WMA, you should have all the right in the world to access that information without having to ask for permission. If they made it illegal in the US then you failed to defend your freedom.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

in Denmark where i live all these codecs and stuff should be complete legal. correct me if i am wrong but i think that the reason why ubuntu has left out some great extra packages for many people is that there is apparently more users that can not get the ubuntu cd legal then. and that is far more important than having to say to some users that the nice extra codecs and stuff is available trough synaptic than to rule out an potential userbase. i can live with that.
    please buy this online only compilation to support victims of japan. http://www.punk4japan.com/

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234