Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For a fellow team member

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: For a fellow team member

Great to hear from him.
    /me hopes he encrypted the email, else the government is logging everything.

He could be a potential 'insider' for using terrorist software. You never know
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Shhh ....

My how to multiboot he is using is a "social engineering" front end for my bot net ...
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Good to hear from him. Tronyx/2point0, be sure to tell him next email that Wine has moved to 1.0rc1. We joked about that happening on his last day, but he should be amazed to hear it.

Beans
    Hidden!

sweetness, its good to hear from him, i know im a bit late though, i only just realised there was a reply.....
    Might be visiting AUS?? hmm.... this is the US navy right? sounds intriguing.
    Want to find out more about your ubuntu system? see HowTO Ubuntu System
    Want to know a little more about networking? see HOWTO Ubuntu Networking
    Looking for help with something on your ubuntu? see the tutorial of the week sticky

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Are we going to send GSF another letter soon? I'm sure he would like to be updated with recent happenings.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

You better believe Im not gonna let this thread die! Hows it going guys?

Well, after taking a stroll through a gold souk and shopping at a huge mall, im back at the pier. Figured Id jump on the net and throw up a quick reply.

I miss the community. Before today, i havent had time to use my compy in about 2 weeks. Regaurdless, ive managed to get almost 20 people using linux (ubuntu/kubuntu), and have become the linux dude on the boat. People I dont even know seem to know me, sending me emails, and coming to my shop for linux related things.

Im floored wine 1.0 is out! Im downloading the deb right now

Currently im in Dubai, U.A.E., relaxing after a long day exploring. Ill check the board in a few days, and hopefully hear from some of you..
    Stop Trusted Computing! http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme/2.66GHz i7 Quad/6GB DDR3 1600MHz 8-8-8-24/2x Nvidia 9800GTX+
    2x150GB 10krpm HD/2x1TB 7200RPM HD/3ware RAID/
    Xubuntu 11.04/Arch Linux/Gentoo Linux/Fedora

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by GSF1200S View Post

Well, after taking a stroll through a gold souk and shopping at a huge mall, im back at the pier. Figured Id jump on the net and throw up a quick reply.

I miss the community. Before today, i havent had time to use my compy in about 2 weeks. Regaurdless, ive managed to get almost 20 people using linux (ubuntu/kubuntu), and have become the linux dude on the boat. People I dont even know seem to know me, sending me emails, and coming to my shop for linux related things.

Currently im in Dubai, U.A.E., relaxing after a long day exploring. Ill check the board in a few days, and hopefully hear from some of you..
    GSF!!
    Good to see you can still get out to the forums
    Awesome about the people using linux... "the linux dude"
    Wine 1.0 didnt have that many improvements... CoD4 seems to play a little bit better however though -- And i got Office 2007 working on it too, which despite one other person getting it working on the old versions, barely anyone could get it working on it, it seems to work fine on v1... or at least 1.0.1

Good to hear from ya!

AJ
    Want to find out more about your ubuntu system? see HowTO Ubuntu System
    Want to know a little more about networking? see HOWTO Ubuntu Networking
    Looking for help with something on your ubuntu? see the tutorial of the week sticky

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

GSF: What a pleasant surprise, welcome ashore. It is great to hear from you, you have been missed. How long are you going to be ashore ? I hope you are able to irc ...

+1 Linux Dude

I can not think of a better ambassador. Bring the mates to the forums
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

GSF on IRC this morning, I was lucky enough to run into him . I think he only had a short time off, but he can't wait to get back to the team.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Dude, good to hear from you. Yeah, Wine 1.0 isn't a huge ton better than, say 0.9.57, but over the course of about 3 months they've made a lot of progress on a lot of fronts. Little things work better now, but overall I'd say it is awesome.

Don't forget. You. Me. Lenny/Sid. Yeah.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123