Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 212

Thread: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere but Not Here
    Beans
    965
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    As there are only four direction keys on the keyboard, if you can score only when you're facing the goal then you can only score from in front of the box and that wouldn't be very enjoyable. In most of the games when you hit the shoot key, the player shoots it towards the goal not directly where he's facing. But of course not every shot should be on target
    My blog | Ubuntu Hardware List | Wine Application Database | Jamendo
    (Don't "sudo rm -rf" anything. See this page)
    It's all about fixing BUG #1!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Estonia / Sweden
    Beans
    2,332
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by atomkarinca View Post
    As there are only four direction keys on the keyboard, if you can score only when you're facing the goal then you can only score from in front of the box and that wouldn't be very enjoyable. In most of the games when you hit the shoot key, the player shoots it towards the goal not directly where he's facing. But of course not every shot should be on target
    yeah... and if the player is under a very small angle, the ball should bend also (bend it like beckham) ... so the trajectory of the ball should not be a straight line...

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    1,030
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    yeah... and if the player is under a very small angle, the ball should bend also (bend it like beckham) ... so the trajectory of the ball should not be a straight line...
    Ok so who cares about the laws of physics LMAO!

    Mike

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Estonia / Sweden
    Beans
    2,332
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeysofine1972 View Post
    Ok so who cares about the laws of physics LMAO!

    Mike
    well if the ball is turning/rotating then it will bend during the flight... air friction etc

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    1,030
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by meborc View Post
    well if the ball is turning/rotating then it will bend during the flight... air friction etc
    Hehe I wasn't saying no, I was just laughing as it seemed funny.

    Actually, a few trick shots might be in order too as we can have special moves like in fighting games, but special key combos can do the alternative kicks.

    Mike

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Estonia / Sweden
    Beans
    2,332
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeysofine1972 View Post
    Hehe I wasn't saying no, I was just laughing as it seemed funny.

    Actually, a few trick shots might be in order too as we can have special moves like in fighting games, but special key combos can do the alternative kicks.

    Mike
    yeah... make something like in the movie "shaolin soccer" ... the ball going so fast the grass is split in two... or the ball twisting so fast it goes in spirals...

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PORTUGAL
    Beans
    309
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Guys, sorry ill be away for a week or two, but i´ll be back at work as soon as i can.
    (Broke a foot in a "friendly" football game and my baby is about to born)

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere but Not Here
    Beans
    965
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by jorgerosa View Post
    Guys, sorry ill be away for a week or two, but i´ll be back at work as soon as i can.
    (Broke a foot in a "friendly" football game and my baby is about to born)
    Congratulations and I hope you get better soon.
    My blog | Ubuntu Hardware List | Wine Application Database | Jamendo
    (Don't "sudo rm -rf" anything. See this page)
    It's all about fixing BUG #1!

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    1,030
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    Yep I been ill too

    Anyway I have done an update and made a few additions like fonts and a new pitch as well as stadium (although, I'm no 3d modeller, but it gives you the idea)

    You can now use 'w' & 's' to zoom in and out, (not a permanent feature but i might leave it in if people find it useful).

    The OpenGL lighting now works too! which makes it a bit nicer to look at lol

    As always the latest version is available in subversion from the details at the start of the thread.

    Mike

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Beans
    125

    Re: isoccer - soccer game for Ubuntu Linux

    i like the idea of a game synchronizing its time of day with the actual cpu clock. so if you happen to be playing in the morning, lighting conditions will the consistant within the game. or if you are playing at night, it will be night time in the game too.. there could also be an option to fetch local weather data from an online to create weather conditions within the game, that would be cool

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •