Thread: Blank screen after Ubuntu splash screen

Beans

Blank screen after Ubuntu splash screen

Hi, please forgive me if this has been posted before, I couldn't find it anywhere.
    Basically, the installation of Wubi (8.04) went very smoothly. After the first reboot, I booted into Ubuntu and the installation progress bar completed after ~10 mins. After the second boot, some busybox errors appeared, but after a few more reboots they seemed to fix themselves.
    Now the only error I get is after the splash screen loads fully, all I see is a blinking cursor at the top left and then nothing.
    I heard about the 'sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' trick and setting the resolution to VESA but after I access the ctrl-alt-f1 screen and login, nothing happens...
    And I've definately got the right username and password.

When you say you need to 'run' the above code, do I need to type in something prior to the code? Because I'm just typing it in as I see it right after my password goes in.

I have a Fujistu Siemens Scaleo P system with a 3.2 ghz Pentium 4 HT and a gig of ram. I also have a Nvidia 6200 graphics card.

Try to go slowly with me, I have little experience with the Linux command prompt.
    Thanks for your help!

Beans

Re: Blank screen after Ubuntu splash screen

Press ctrl+alt+f1
    Login (username+enter, then password+enter)
    You should now see a cursor where you can type things

Typed the command as mentioned and press enter

Beans

Re: Blank screen after Ubuntu splash screen

Well what I meant to say is that's what I did, only nothing would happen when i typed in the command.
    But anyway, I instead installed 7.10 and now it works perfectly! Well, after about 5 attempts...
    But now that it does work it's great!