Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What is the best PDF Editor for Linux?

Beans

Re: What is the best PDF Editor for Linux?

Quote Originally Posted by fyslab View Post
    We have got same request by one of senior people in the lab about having same kind of tool like Acrobat Professional under Windows for reviewing/making notes in PDFs. So far my favorite is PDF Studio, and of free tools we tried (pdfedit. mendeley, ooffice, scribus, inkscape) we ended up to xournal.

Though PDF Studio is still more like Acrobat, if one wants simply read the document and comment and keep the comments for other reader.

PDFedit worth being installed, but much less intuitive, rather like an editor, rather than a light reviewer.

I like pdfedit a lot because I can put a text box anywhere on the page and fill out a non-filout-form without needing an electric typewriter, but it's wayy too sow. Is there any way to speed it up?

Beans

While checking for developments re pdf editors, found this thread. I'm currently using Foxit (with Wine wrapper). It's free and very good, I've not found any lack of editing facility, drawing, etc. Just wondered if a fully integrated Linux solution yet existed. Seems not.

Beans

For those of you that need a good relaible pdf editor, I found PDF Studio to be the only option. This solution is the only fully capable pdf editor that runs on Ubuntu without the need of wine or Virtual box.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by drfox View Post
    I too have been looking for the perfect pdf editor. OOo import doesn't work for me, flpsed is hard to work with, and pdfedit uses 100% of my cpu and often crashes.
    I've had good luck with inkscape, but I can only edit one page at a time. Xournal (in the repositories) is almost perfect...you have to use File>Annotate PDF to import the pdf, and then File>Export to PDF to save it, but it works fast and well. The one deficiency is that you can't import images (signatures), nor does it allow you to add additional pages or rearrange your document.
    The only application I've been able to find that does what I want it to is a commercial product, Qoppa's PDF Studio which does it all (and does it well), but it's not free software...it costs $60, worth it if you don't want to deal with multiple programs or command lines and if you spend a lot of your time working with pdfs.

Larry
    3 years later, and I still haven't found anything nearly as good as PDF Studio. They keep improving it, and I keep updating. The current version is 8, and version 9 is due out this fall.

Larry

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It still seems clunky to me, but it's certainly an impressive feature set in comparison to what most PDF software on Linux comes with (which is admittedly not saying enough, given what those other software packages look like; to give proper credit, PDF Studio seems to have a reasonably complete feature set.) I use PDF Mod for basic concatenation and rearranging, but that's a very small part of a full PDF editor's feature set. For making comments on PDFs, I still just use PDF X-Change viewer. = /
    ~ I know I shouldn't use tildes for decoration, but they always make me feel at home. ~

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Just saw this, free as beer but not as freedom
    http://www.iloveubuntu.net/master-pd...nd-ubuntu-1304

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910