• Transmission

271 35.61%
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Deluge VS Transmission

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Deluge VS Transmission

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup306 View Post
    I've used both enough to make an educated opinion. Someone told me that Deluge was faster so I tried it. It is no faster than Transmission. One thing that I did notice is that Deluge is harder to use. Not super hard, but when you have 50+ torrents at a time it makes managing them much more difficult. When I first started using Deluge I was like "this is awesome, why would the default be Transmission?". After a few hours I realized all its defaults, and after the downloads completed, I switched back to Transmission. The first thing I noticed about Transmission is that it's light. I like that. There are a lot more options with Deluge, but to be honest I never used any of them. The one feature that I like that Deluge has that Transmission doesn't is that when you hit the x it doesn't close the program. Rather it puts it in the upper left hand corner. This keeps my computer neat. Oh well.

Really it just comes down to personal preference.

Do you have a link?
    No just experience and logic. And I knew a person who used transmission to download less then legit software and got warned and had his/her connection temporarily blocked by the internet service provider and was using transmission, but it stop happening after switching to deluge and using its full encrypting abilities.

I of course do not condone using less-then-legit software but such a thing could be useful for transferring sensitive data, just a thought. Granted its not something most people have to deal with and transmission would be a more ideal choice for them. But deluge has its advantages.
    Last edited by MasterNetra; August 9th, 2010 at 08:24 PM.
    Diaspora Handle: masternetra@diasp.org

Beans

When i first moved to Ubuntu i was using Transmission and apart from the fact that the download speeds were a little slow i never really had a problem with it,But then a friend of mine suggested trying Deluge and since then i haven't used anything else....

Beans
    Hidden!

Deluge by far. Transmission makes it annoying when you're torrenting lots at once with the massive bars, and having to manually right click to add peers because it randomly decides to stop is annoying.

Beans

I know, old thread.
    But we have to mention qbittorrent: it's got the style/power of Deluge/uTorrent and the speed of (if not surpassing) Transmission.
    Through downloading 2GB video, qbittorrent used the same amount of RAM as deluge did and just half the CPU deluge usually does (instead of ~15%, 5-7%).
    I have a new favourite!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by liquider View Post
    I know, old thread.
    But we have to mention qbittorrent
    And then we have to close it.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718