• Transmission

271 35.61%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Deluge VS Transmission

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Deluge VS Transmission

Deluge for me. It seems far more in-tune with the features/simplicity balance adopted by most of the A-Grade Gnome applications. Transmission is a bit sparse for my tastes, and I didn't achieve the same level of performance with it in terms of download speed.

Beans

Transmission as I've written 2 patches for it which were accepted within minutes.
    A Fedora user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Quote Originally Posted by rune0077 View Post
    I tried downloading the exact same torrent with both, with the same settings, and Deluge was nearly twice as fast for me. It may just have been a fluke, but I haven't touched Transmission since.
    I've had the same experience. That's why I prefer Deluge.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

i also tried to download the hardy beta cd via torrent

i tried it with transmission, it was stuck on 'connecting to peers' or something

then i tried it with deluge, it started connecting to peers immediately and i soon had like 400kb/s download rate

i prefer deluge.

not to mention that deluge 6, a complete rewrite of the program is gonna be cool (tagging and a lot of stuff that the utorrent freaks crave)
    Jabber: markgrandi[at]gmail.com

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

i had been using transmisison on hardy beta, but deluge seems to be much faster, but i think transmission is a great program and has a nice small interface
    Your Signature: View My Google page and Guide on Making the Linux desktop look better LHHS Linux Club
    T60 2.0GHZ-T7200 ATI-X1400M-128mb 2GB-667MHZ 80GB-5400RPM WIFI-3945 on Chakra-Project (Archlinux) w/Ext4

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Well when I had Windows XP, the only program I used for my torrent needs was Utorrent. Now that I have Linux I only use Deluge. I find it very simple to use and it gets the job done with no fuss.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Shakey_Jake33 View Post
    I use Deluge, but I'd like to use something that uses less resources. Unfortunately, Transmission lacks support for DHT, as well as encryption.
    I'm using Transmission under Mac OS X and it does support encryption there. Since all version shares the same core library I very much doubt that encryption doesn't work with the GTK+ frontend. Too bad about the missing DHT support though, it makes dealing with slow trackers much more bearable.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Erunno View Post
    I'm using Transmission under Mac OS X and it does support encryption there. Since all version shares the same core library I very much doubt that encryption doesn't work with the GTK+ frontend. Too bad about the missing DHT support though, it makes dealing with slow trackers much more bearable.
    Encryption does exist in the GTK+ port.
    A Fedora user

Beans

actually i never found a torrent client anywhere close to utorrent so i run it in wine
    Quote Originally Posted by nathangrubb View Post
    Yeah, refrigerators are pretty disappointing
    Quote Originally Posted by nathangrubb View Post
    instant oatmeal killed my wife and children
    Quote Originally Posted by etnlIcarus View Post
    Stop hatin' on the wang, man.
    TWITTER!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Transmission - right from their website you can tell it's more user friendly. They offer binaries for Macs, while Linux users - have fun compilin'. The deluge website meanwhile offers binaries for several version fo Ubuntu, both 32 and 64bit, and other distributions.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast