Thread: seriously?

Beans

seriously?

i am a little confused by this, since when is linking to another forum illegal linking. It seems as if the line between what is ok and what is not is getting broader and broader!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: seriously?

I did some investigating. You linked to a site specifically designed to assist users in violating the terms of various EULAs. This is illegal in many locations and goes against the Forums Code of Conduct.

The staff member who acted did not do anything controversial, nor is this a new rule being enforced. Had you posted something similar on the day these forums were started, it would have violated site rules.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by xhhux View Post
    It seems as if the line between what is ok and what is not is getting broader and broader!
    This line struck me as odd, coming from someone who has only been a member of these forums for 3 or 4 months. I did some investigating. Not only does this account have several infractions, but you also have two other accounts that I found in a very brief search. This and another account seem to have been created after the oldest account I have found received a 10 point infraction for posting malicious code. This leads me to believe that you created multiple accounts in an attempt to circumvent forum moderation.

I am banning all three known accounts, xhhux, IIspII, and GrahamOtte. I will also ban any further accounts that are found.

You are free to appeal this decision by putting the issue on a Forums Council meeting agenda and attending a Forums Council meeting to give a good reason for having multiple accounts (disallowed by the forum rules, except in extremely rare cases).
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!