Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Comment on closing RAV TUX's account

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Your Fondest RavTux Memory

Yeah, and I will miss fuscia, too.

I don't care that he has a new nickname, the old fuscia is dead.

This only led me to the same conclusion fuscia ('s persona) came to: maybe the UF are not for me, afterall.
    N800 in my pocket, Acer 1410 in my backpack, Thinkpad X31 on a shrine

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I am sorry Rav Tux has gone, he was one of my favourites. It just shows you have to be really careful what you post. Even one of my threads ended up in the jail, it's easily done.

I hope this gets sorted out, sooner or later, and he is readmitted into the forums. It won't be the same without him.

AND Fuscia, too.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Yes, recently.

The details of the incident are between the Forum Council and the parties involved.
    Yes, I gathered that from the related posts I've quickly gone through, and know I do not have enough information on both sides to make any sort of judgement.

Or as I like to say about any conflict (not sure where I've gotten it from, but it works)
    In any conflict there are 3 sides:
    • his
    • hers
    • the Truth
    And never shall any be identical.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Hmm!! Don't know the background, don't really want to know, but I find it odd and sad that Rav has been kicked. I found most of his threads had to be either indulged or ignored (not in a harsh way but in a way that meant just glide over it if you don't have time, they could be addictive). And that was the best way to take them. He had a view on life similar to my own, somewhat at 23 degrees to head on.

I was going to rant, but I guess i'll leave that for another day!
    Want an alternative to 99% of Windows applications?
    http://www.osalt.com/

"Dude, real programmers compile" - Plato 428BC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I've followed the links above and still can't find where he has broke the rules of conduct. I'm sure the UF council has good reason, but I wish the reasons could be cited.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

What is worst is that you can't talk about it because admins closing the thread. What kind of freedom is there if a community cant talk about this kind of things.

I liked some of his threads and some i din't like but you have a choose if you want to read them our not.

Mods close good threads because someone did some spam threads in the past, and after some complains it was reopend. I think its getting to strickt and to trigger happy on a personal feeling of a mod/admin ( not from tux but someone else)
    http://forum.kde.org/ for all question about KDE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Slippery slope towards the MAC forums eh? Hope not

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by awakatanka View Post
    What is worst is that you can't talk about it because admins closing the thread. What kind of freedom is there if a community cant talk about this kind of things.

I liked some of his threads and some i din't like but you have a choose if you want to read them our not.

Mods close good threads because someone did some spam threads in the past, and after some complains it was reopend. I think its getting to strickt and to trigger happy on a personal feeling of a mod/admin ( not from tux but someone else)
    The Forum Council spent a lot of time making their decision, and it wasn't a light decision. If the parties involved wish to contest that decision, the course of action I believe is to add it to the agenda and bring it before the Forum Council. It was not an action of a single person or mod.

This thread is not supposed to be about such things. If you have a problem, post it in the Resolution Centre. Keep the thread on topic.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345