Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Comment on closing RAV TUX's account

Beans

Re: Comment on closing RAV TUX's account

I really can't see why he would be kicked out. cafelinux for me.

Beans

Well, my perspective is the the the more Arabic/Islamic friendly mods/staff don't care for his more unabashid views on religion and the middle east region, so they constantly harass him, even just for posting fun random threads. I'll bet he's the only person on the forums who gets warned by mods for posting interesting links in the backyard and discussion sections.

Essentially, I view the way RAV gets treated as proof that these forums aren't a place where
    Quote Originally Posted by wieman01 View Post
    You are free to express your views on the issue[s].
    Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by wieman01 View Post
    RAV TUX's account wasn't closed because we had an issue with his views or anything like that.
    To me, that's actually EXACTLY how this comes across....
    I have yet to see it pointed out anywhere that RAV has actually done anything seriously wrong outside of posting in the non-support sections a lot.

And in fact, the way you bring up that it's NOT his views only heightens my belief that it IS somehow something to do with his views.

I hadn't heard about fuscia getting banned.

Beans

This had nothing to do with religious belief.

Also fuscia is not banned he uses a new member alias
    "chucky chuckaluck "
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by sloggerkhan View Post
    And in fact, the way you bring up that it's NOT his views only heightens my belief that it IS somehow something to do with his views.
    Saddens my heart. But if that's what you want to believe, so be it. I cannot prove you the opposite, just give you my word.

Let's move on.

Beans

*Shrugs*
    If the staff don't come out and explain straight up what happened and why he's gone, nobody will be able to believe your choice is justified and we'll read into it inappropriate motive. Otherwise you don't come across as representing openness and humanity, but some sort of CIA-esque information control.

I mean, I looked at the resolution center thread, and there's really nothing there.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sloggerkhan View Post
    *Shrugs*
    If the staff don't come out and explain straight up what happened and why he's gone, nobody will be able to believe your choice is justified and we'll read into it inappropriate motive. Otherwise you don't come across as representing openness and humanity, but some sort of CIA-esque information control.

I mean, I looked at the resolution center thread, and there's really nothing there.
    the problem is that it could be private, and it would not be right to go and post it on the net

Beans

out of respect for Rav Tux I would not make a public statement with out his consent.
    If anyone is talking to him he is most welcome to email me
    mikee_44@hotmail.com
    This account is not active.

Beans

he is still welcome to make another account, right? if he ever goes back?

Beans

@loell
    That doesn't matter. They have taken the account from him. Who will like their 7000 posts taken away from them and not be able to make the same account name. It purely sucks and I'm against this banning. The act of banning people doesn't represent the word 'ubuntu' in anyway its quite distant from the meaning. Some freedom (Sigh)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by molom View Post
    @loell
    That doesn't matter. They have taken the account from him. Who will like their 7000 posts taken away from them and not be able to make the same account name. It purely sucks and I'm against this banning. The act of banning people doesn't represent the word 'ubuntu' in anyway its quite distant from the meaning. Some freedom (Sigh)
    Actually if you consider everything, Ubuntu Forums is the most liberal forum I have ever seen since no other Linux support forum I have seen so far has sections such as the Backyard or Community Cafe that are completely dedicated for discussions(even heated ones) or just to simply have fun and in the cases of many doubts concerning the application of the Ubuntu Forums CoC we have given the benefit of the doubt in favour of the thread rather than against it.

Of course, you may not be persuaded by my reasoning but this is what I've seen.

And Rav Tux, I wish you well in all your future endeavours, good luck.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast