Thread: Slashdot: Salasaga Fills Flash Creation Hole for Linux

Beans

Arrow Slashdot: Salasaga Fills Flash Creation Hole for Linux

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?...20222&from=rss

Linux.com's Bruce Byfield is reporting that Salasaga, the renamed Flame Project, is attempting to fill the functionality gap of Flash creation for Linux in addition to being a cross-platform tool. While it still lacks the spit-shine of more mature apps, it is going a long way to filling yet another hole in Linux software.

"Opening Salasaga, you could easily think you are in a slide show program. Individual slides display on the left, and the current slide appears on the bottom right. On the top right is information about the layers on the current side. Menus are logically laid out across the top of the editing window. From the editing menu, you can set the defaults for new projects, including the default display size of finished projects, the preview width, and the default background color. After adjusting these settings, you proceed logically from the right as you develop a project, progressing from Screenshots for importation through Slide and Layer to Export. This progression is so logical that few viewers should have trouble teaching themselves the basics of the software and producing a test project in less than 20 minutes -- and saving it in native .flame format or exporting it to Flash or SVG formats."

Beans

Re: Slashdot: Salasaga Fills Flash Creation Hole for Linux

Exciting!

When will this make it into the repo's?

Beans

Re: Slashdot: Salasaga Fills Flash Creation Hole for Linux

Hi there! I made a small and simple ( I think it's simple ) how-to to get Salasaga on Ubuntu. You can see it here or here.

I hope it helps.
    More Open Source @ opensourceportugal.blogspot.com
    Mais Open Source @ opensourceportugal.blogspot.com