Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Installing a Netgear WG111v3 USB or other similar wireless

Beans

Re: Installing a Netgear WG111v3 USB or other similar wireless

When upgrading to Ubuntu 10.10 my WG111 quit connecting. It still shows the connection information but keeps unsuccessfully trying to logon to the router. Runs at about 75% signal.
    I've deleted the connection and started a new one to no avail. Even tried the 4 steps above...no luck. Just keeps trying to logon. The WG111 works on my Windoz laptop from the same area.
    Any ideas.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hey, unfortunately I don't have this adapter at the moment. It's currently on loan to a friend along with my old Laptop... they installed Windo$e on it :/ Will try and give it a look into though.
    Metapixel Script Generation Engine
    My Ubuntu Support Site - helpbuntu.mstrutt.co.uk
    My Photography Gallery - digital.mstrutt.co.uk
    Help me test my new website

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hello,
    I'm running 9.10 (karmic) and I just got a new wg111v3 today (I returned the one I bought a few days ago because I thought I was having a problem with that).

When I plug in to Ubuntu, the light comes on and it starts telling me that I'm now offline. When I click on network manager icon it either says that the wireless network isn't ready OR it doesn't show up at all. It usually doesn't show up. Once in a great great great while it'll show a couple of networks that are around me but that's maybe every 2 days.

I know it's supposed to be plug & play by now.
    I tried following the directions on the first page but couldn't get past the first step. Probably because I'm not connected to the internet and it looks like you need it just do do that.

Now the first day I bought my first wg111v3 it wouldn't connect for like 3 hours and then randomly connected and was going strong until I restarted. Now I get nothing. According to the computer, that time when it auto connected was 5 days ago.

Help! Please if you have any ideas. I'm using my roommate's laptop to post this and I feel bad about just taking over her laptop for what might be a while.

Beans

I have a NetGear WG111v3 WIFI dongle and this worke perfectly well for me. Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by Burky View Post
    On 9.10 I've noticed that by default it works at 11 mb/s. If I used this tutorial will it go up to 54 mb/s?
    I am having this issue on 10.10. Anyone know how to restore to 54 Mb/s?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Was quite happily using 10.04 and WG111V3 in harmony until an update got installed and now it seems the device is no longer supported. the network status shows as "Device not managed". I thought this USB adapter was meant to continue to be PnP.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011