Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Index Of Programming Challenges

Beans

Re: Index Of Programming Challenges

Quote Originally Posted by heikaman View Post
    maybe we can vote ?
    Yeah, but there are thousands of good OSS projects out there to choose from. I'm going to pick the ones that I'm the most interested in, not some arbitrary project on the forum that was voted for (unless it was a really good idea, something that I want to work on).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

wybiral, you make a good point, and of course there's no guarantee that we can find something that /everyone/ will be down with.

i'm suggesting that we have a discussion with a bunch of possible ideas thrown around, and if we find something we can all [or almost all] rally behind, that's cool, and we'll get it on as a group. if not, well, such is life, and we can all keep contributing to our favorite various projects as we do now .

doesn't hurt to try, i think?

Beans

Well it sounds like you're the right person to start that thread Go for it. If it's something that sounds interesting to me that I have time to help with I will, but there are so many good projects out there that already have a foundation and just need developers... Why not help one of those?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm still searching for a project *hint*

I don't think I am very good yet with programming. I have written some simple applications in the past, like tetris and a program that sorts my music. Those were both written in C++ but I am now learning python becouse it is so much faster (in coding the app ofcourse ).
    I'm looking for a simple python project. Preferably one that just started, becouse I have never worked coding with other people and reading and understanding code of gigantic programs seems very hard to begin with.
    A few days ago google appengine (http://code.google.com/appengine/) came out, I'm fiddling with that at the moment.

Maybe we can do something with that on the forum?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Wybiral View Post
    Well it sounds like you're the right person to start that thread Go for it. If it's something that sounds interesting to me that I have time to help with I will, but there are so many good projects out there that already have a foundation and just need developers... Why not help one of those?
    I never said it has to be a new project
    Anyway, as per your suggestion, I started an idea generation thread for this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=752412

Any and all suggestions welcome. Let's get this rolling.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Are there going to be no more challenges then? I was hoping to do them as exercises when I had the time.

Beans
    Distro

nobody said, there will be no more challanges, just start reading at the first page...

WW is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Last edited by WW; July 31st, 2008 at 09:21 PM.

Beans

I am not the maintainer of this thread and haven't follow the challenges at all.

WW is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    I am not the maintainer of this thread and haven't follow the challenges at all.
    Ooops. Fixed above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12