Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PlaneShift 0.3.011

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: PlaneShift 0.3.011

I haven't played Horizons, Everquest, or WoW so this is a completely new game type for me. From what I read, PVP will be implemented in arenas and battleground areas, somewhat like WoW. The biggest problem is that it is still alpha, not even beta, and there were only like 50+ people on when I first tried it.

The graphics look very good. I also went to the Crystal Space website, which is the engine they are using, and looked at some of its capabilities. Very nice indeed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

installed this earlier tonight, went to make a character but I couldn't get past that screen. Decided to just close it and try again and it magically worked. Pretty cool game, gonna give it a decent try.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Just installed too (taking the advice on their forums and installing 'dialog' via apt get first) and created a character. Some of the graphics seems to be loading a bit weirdly on my client. There's a row of buttons across the top in the screen shots that seem to have expanded to fill the whole screen for me. Also the mouse is none too clever - choppy and slow to respond. I'll have a poke around their forums and see if it these be fixed. Otherwise looks good, especially for an alpha.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

wow, I looked the homepage and I'm shocked by lookeing the about part,
    it have so many features ...............
    I'm gonna give it a try, so i'm downloading it tonite =P
    BOFH excuse #247:
    Due to Federal Budget problems we have been forced to cut back on the number of users able to access the system at one time. (namely none allowed....)

Beans

Strange....the graphics are really choppy for me. I installed the official nvidia drivers, including what they have for the nForce4 motherboard.

Anyone else? Or is it just that my system is running on too late of hardware to be fully supported on linux?

Motherboard: Foxconn nForce4 ultra
    Processor: AMD Athalon 64 3000+ (but running 32 bit Ubuntu, for now)
    Video Card: eVGA e-GeForce 6600GT
    Onboard audio(AC97 codec), onboard network (10/100/1000), onboard everything else.

As I understand it, nVidia doesn't make their own hardware, just the drivers for hardware that they design and have other people make? So it shouldn't matter if I get my drivers from nvidia or foxconn/evga. Right?

<edit> checked foxconn and eVGA.....neither of them have linux drivers, so that doesn't help...</edit>

-Valc
    Last edited by valczir; October 14th, 2005 at 06:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Can you post some screen shots of PlaneShift on here? I am thinking about getting it. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Check out http://www.planeshift.it/main_01.html, they've got several.

Beans

Alright, I figured out my problem. Apparently, performance drops by about 100 fps when I have sound enabled. Doesn't matter if it's OpenAL, software, whatever. It dies.

Anyone else have similar problems?

-Valc

P.S. I'm working my way around the world, but things are still VERY hard for me to find. If anyone feels like making an in game friend (who is a newb) let me know. I hate wandering around in MMO's with no friends. I feel lonely....

RavenOfOdin Guest

I have it installed and fixed sound so it runs fine, but at the main screen, where it shows three big gems, there's absolutely no text that I can see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12