Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest Firefox worth checking out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Latest Firefox worth checking out

Downloaded the Beta 2 version of Firefox 1.5 and it was worth it. It's noticeably faster, not very buggy and all my plugins from 1.0.7 worked. Some of the extensions did not however which I guess is not surprising at this stage of the release cycle for 1.5. Anyway just a heads up.

Beans

New Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 Released

The new Beta of Firefox is out:

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=7501

I didn't like the last beta (messed with middle clicking more than I liked) but I'm going to try this one. Its WAY faster than 1.x for me. I hope it acts normal this time. Not huge upgrade in terms of features/looks....but that part of Firefox is almost perfect. The speed needed work and it got it...

You won't find Ubuntu debs, but you can just use the installer Mozilla hands you. If you cant figure out how to use it, you probably shouldn't mess with the beta.

I can't wait till its released into Breezy after its release....I'm going to flip out!

Good luck and Good Surfing.
    Those folks who try to impose analog rules on digital content will find themselves on the wrong side of the tidal wave.
    - Mark Shuttleworth

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: New Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 Released

How close is it from getting released? So far, Breezy's going for 1.0.x version right? Any noticeable changes in its look? If so, post a screenie .
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

Re: Latest Firefox worth checking out

Allows you to enable incompatible extensions.
    http://users.blueprintit.co.uk/~dave...d/nightly.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: New Firefox 1.5 Beta 2 Released

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    How close is it from getting released? So far, Breezy's going for 1.0.x version right? Any noticeable changes in its look? If so, post a screenie .
    Looks pretty similar but after using it a bit it seems way faster. Beta 1 was too buggy for my taste and had some problems rendering complex sites. This release looks sweet. Cannot be long to release now I would guess (no doubt there is a timeline on their site )

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

i love the tab rearranging without needing an extension

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I assume that the final version will automatically be included as an Update for 5.10?
    My System | Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04) | AMD Athlon 1700+ | 1.3Gb RAM | 160 Gb HD | nVidia GeForce4 64 Mb
    V.I.S.T.A | Viruses | Infections | Spam | Trojans | Adware
    Proud to be Canadian, eh?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Goober
    I assume that the final version will automatically be included as an Update for 5.10?
    It depends, probably not. There will no doubt be official backports though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I'm running it now and it is working flawlessly so far. Extensions, plugins, and bookmarks are all working great (had to create a symlink to the old plugins folder).

One minor annoyance was that middleclicking now reloads tabs instead of closing them by default when you click on the tab, but a quick visit to about:config took care of that.

Best improvements over 1.07 are probably the faster load time and the 404 errors being displayed on pages instead of as alerts. I'll see if anything new pops up after using it a little more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I've heard that Firefox has RAM usage issues (I usually the "old" Mozilla, so I don't know from personal experience). Anybody seeing improvements on this in the Betas?
    "....I'm a user, not a programmer...."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast