I'd like to file a complaint against forum staffer LaRoza. Here is the thread this complaint concerns: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=722709

Shortly after this thread was closed, I PM'd LaRoza and defended my thread. I politely explained that I was not breaking any law due to my use of a retail version of Windows which is not tied to the motherboard upon which it is first installed and that I formatted the hard drive on the computer which was cloned after securing the data on the hard drive it was cloned upon. In this way, I am compliant with the Windows EULA. Despite this, LaRoza was unwilling to reopen my thread. I explained to LaRoza that the reason I chose to clone rather than to reinstall is due to the ease with which a clone would transfer not only the OS, but all user data, settings, and third-party programs. It's much easier to clone the drive, which can take a little over a hour, than to reinstall everything, which can take days or more.

LaRoza's only advice was to file a complaint here, which is what I am doing. It is no longer necessary to reopen the thread as I have subsequently fixed the issue myself. However, I'd like to still file the complaint as I believe LaRoza's action was preemptive. This action dirtied my name on the forums without giving me a chance to defend myself and denied other users the knowledge to address this cloning issue themselves. If the problem wasn't solved by another, I would have offered my solution once I reached it.

I'm am very proud of the community built up in these forums for better or worse. However, LaRoza's action in this matter was a marked failure of the community.

Thank you for your time.