Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: good mmorpg that ubuntu can run???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: good mmorpg that ubuntu can run???

Quote Originally Posted by echinacea View Post
    the only MMORPG I play is city of heroes. I tried wine, didnt work. I tried cdega, didnt work.

has anyone else any success getting this to run?
    No ,you cant play CoH and other NCSoft games cuz they reqire NCSoft launcher, which requires .NET framework 2.0 which wine dont support
    (\ /)
    (O.o)
    (> <)
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by munch3 View Post
    Illegal 2 play GW on Linux.
    It isn't illegal (against the law). It may be against their EULA or TOS, but it isn't breaking any laws. You can run your software on whatever system you like. And that part of the TOS could probably be challenged legally, since you bought the game and the package does not say you may not run the game on Linux -- I have it on the shelf, though I never tried to play it on Linux ...I was unimpressed when I played it on Windows a couple years ago; uninstalled after six or seven hours and went back to WoW, at the time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by eragon100 View Post
    Regnum Online (it's free)

It's fantasy mmorpg.

Speaking of which, both world of warcraft and guildwars run very well under wine
    http://www.winehq.org
    they actually have a few flaws on that.take a look

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...adbanger/w.png
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...wow/weirdo.png

i dont see other graphics except the ground :S

gonna test crossover now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

DDO and LOTRO both work with wine and a custom launcher and pretty good but it takes some tinkering sometimes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry Re: good mmorpg that ubuntu can run???

I play Eve and I just got ubuntu (7.10) for my AMD64. I am using an 8600gt 512mb card. Now my gripe is that why does Eve have FPS's in the high 60's with it ultimo graphics package in my Windows x64 XP boot, yet the Eve for my Linux boot has FPS's in the low 20's with it's cruddy low grapchics package. I used Envy Lagacy for the driver install but still no luck. Am I screwing up something here?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I've been able to play the Linux version of Quake Wars on my system with high graphics settings and good framerates, and the game's more demanding on the hardware than Eve Online. I have a 8800 GTS, and use the stock driver of 7.10. So, my guess is that it's a problem with Eve Online's client, not with the Linux driver or Ubuntu (I'm also using the 64-bit version). Doesn't fix your problem, but at least rules out some possible causes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123