Thread: Virtualbox sending CTRL ALT F2 to guest OS

Hybrid View

Beans

Virtualbox sending CTRL ALT F2 to guest OS

I'm in need of some help with virtual box. I have Fedora core 6 (I need this for college) installed as a guest and I need to access tty1-6. But whenever I try to send a ctrl+alt+f1 by hitting the keys my ubuntu install (host os) picks it up instead.

So I was wondering if there was a way to send a ctrl+alt+f1 to the guest OS.

Beans

Re: Virtualbox sending CTRL ALT F2 to guest OS

Open VirtualBox then go to File (top left corner), Preferences, Input and place a tick into Autocapture Keyboard.

Alternatively, go through the menu items to open a terminal.

Beans

I have VirtualBox 1.5.6 and the combination that works for me is Host+F1 through Host+F12 (My host key is set to Right Ctrl but yours might be something different). I think the developers put these key combos in there specifically for that purpose.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jnylen View Post
    I have VirtualBox 1.5.6 and the combination that works for me is Host+F1 through Host+F12 (My host key is set to Right Ctrl but yours might be something different). I think the developers put these key combos in there specifically for that purpose.
    thanks jnylen,
    Exactly what i was looking for...
    Right Ctrl + F1 worked for me. I don't know how I did it but I got dumped to busybox during ubuntu install. Must have pressed ctrl + f2 or something by accident.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jnylen View Post
    Thanks.. was feeling quite handicapped without that.
    India is a pluralist society that creates magic with democracy, rule of law and individual freedom, community relations and diversity. I wouldn't mind being born ten times to rediscover India. - Robert Blackwill, U.S Ambassador until 2003.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Host: ubuntu 8.04
    virtualbox-3.0 3.0.4-50677_Ubuntu_hardy

For switch between virtual consoles into guest Linux works following: Alt + HOST KEY + F1...F7

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ikith View Post
    I'm in need of some help with virtual box. I have Fedora core 6 (I need this for college) installed as a guest and I need to access tty1-6. But whenever I try to send a ctrl+alt+f1 by hitting the keys my ubuntu install (host os) picks it up instead.

So I was wondering if there was a way to send a ctrl+alt+f1 to the guest OS.

hi push ctrl+tab+f1 or f2
    no push ctrl+ALT

goodlook
    Last edited by xtangj; October 26th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.

Beans

Hi

My worked.. ctrl(hostkey)+ delete