Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5 point infraction for a joke?

Beans

Re: 5 point infraction for a joke?

To you it may have been obvious. But in the lifeless web it is not. We cover many age goups , many levels of comprehension, and many languages. In the cold translation all that is seen is the words. No emotion , no feeling.

The use of smilies go some way to help this.

Sometimes things are just better unsaid.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    To you it may have been obvious. But in the lifeless web it is not. We cover many age goups , many levels of comprehension, and many languages. In the cold translation all that is seen is the words. No emotion , no feeling.
    i'm even less animated in person.

Sometimes things are just better unsaid.
    so jail the post, then. unless you think i'm lying, my intent was not what you'd mistaken it to be. why give me some permanent punishment over a misunderstanding of intent? if the post is so objectionable, why is it still there? just get rid of it. that's something i definitely don't get.

maybe that's the key, though. this place and me is probably no longer a good fit. might just be better to part ways?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm going to reverse the infraction, but Fuscia you have tested the limits of what is good taste and proper on the forums many times in the past. Maybe you are right, maybe the Ubuntu Forums is not the place for you.
    Mike: "The hardest questions in life are the ones worth answering"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I'm going to reverse the infraction, but Fuscia you have tested the limits of what is good taste and proper on the forums many times in the past. Maybe you are right, maybe the Ubuntu Forums is not the place for you.
    Well put , and supported Thanks Mike
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!

Fuscia you have tested the limits of what is good taste and proper on the forums many times in the past.
    that's just simply not true.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yeah, although I don't like saying it, I agree.

Fuscia, you do push the limits. Often when doing so you have made me laugh, sometimes really hard. Then, other times, you have created a flurry of post reports (probably without knowing it, but nonetheless). You have a great sense of humor. It is sometimes quirky, and it is definitely unique. Great senses of humor are not always appropriate. It depends on the location in which they are displayed as to how comments will be reacted to.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    Yeah, although I don't like saying it, I agree.

Fuscia, you do push the limits. Often when doing so you have made me laugh, sometimes really hard. Then, other times, you have created a flurry of post reports (probably without knowing it, but nonetheless). You have a great sense of humor. It is sometimes quirky, and it is definitely unique. Great senses of humor are not always appropriate. It depends on the location in which they are displayed as to how comments will be reacted to.
    a flurry of post reports? i had no idea. anyway, ubuntu forums has become far more conservative since i first joined. for me, it's too conservative and it's time for this poster to move on. no hard feelings and best of luck to all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Best wishes, and my most sincere hope for good will in the future. I hope you find a place where you fit in well. You are a person of exceptional qualities that will be an asset in many ways to a better suited community.
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12