Thread: A hard question...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A hard question...

Ok, I have some requests and I want to know if a system like this is possible.
    Right now I have an AMD x2 4800+ with 3 gigs of ram and I record audio with this machine. Just recently I found out that Logic uses the ethernet to get more processing power from other computers through this connection.

With that said, I want to build another computer preferably with dual quad core Xeons and a bit of ram 4 gigs, and a scsi system and I want to consolodate the power of what I have now with the computer that I intend to build. Then, use a crappy computer to boot via network to this server and have windows as the operating system I connect to and run my program from the server so that when I need more processing power the server distributes more processing to my programs needs.

Now, is there an OS that will do this? What would I need? And, can you think of a better way to utalize what I'm planning to do?

Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: A hard question...

Just to clarify, what is Logic? Is it an Ubuntu app? Google gives me 3 different applications on the first page for "Logic Audio"...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Dude, don't double and triple post, your thread will get closed.

Sounds like you need to do some research on clustering and you might want to check out LTSP.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I apologize for the triple posting, I just didn't know which forum would be the right one for this question. I've asked this question to a lot of people and they cant seem to give me an answer for some reason. Thank you for reading it though...