Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

Beans

Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

This is a shell script designed to build a multiboot CD image containing many different Linux distributions and/or utilities.

The script used to be on this post, but it has since moved to http://multicd.tuxfamily.org. Check it out!
    Last edited by maybeway36; July 30th, 2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: tuxfamily

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

Would I easily be able to replace Puppy with TinyMe? If so, that would be incredibly useful.
    What do tone deaf singers, floppy drive music, and an old woman dreaming about mashed rodents have in common? They're all on my blog! CHECK IT OUT

Beans

I will check that out. It shouldn't be too hard to implement.

Beans

Version 1.1 is now released, with TinyMe support. Check out the original post for the updated script.

Beans

Version 1.3 is out now, which lets you add more things onto the ISO image with includes. If you want to add more to the bottom of the isolinux,cfg in the finished image, put your additions in includes/boot/isolinux/footer.cfg.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Thanks maybeway,

it worked with just very well. Just tried it with dsl, gparted. I'm going to try with puppy and slax later too. It's useful to carry a cd like this and rebuilding it on-the-fly. Great!

Id like to add the network "mini.iso" of Ubuntu and the Debian in it too, but I would like to know if this would work on USB?

I'm creating a USB installer with the mini.iso to boot mini.iso and to be able to change the preseed files just changing preseed files, and I'm using USB with a ext2 partition and extlinux to boot. So USB would fit me just fine To have DSL and gparted with a mini.iso or an alternate.iso, all in the same ISO/USB would be very good to install Ubuntu or Debian on other computers.

Anyway, thanks for the script

Beans

That's a great idea! I've put the mini.isos on multiboot CDs before, but I haven't worked them into this script yet. I'll start working on it soon.
    I'm not quite sure how to do USB, seeing as none of my computers will boot from it. :/

Beans

I just put up version 1.4, which lets you use the mini.isos from Ubuntu and Debian.
    Gutsy, Hardy, Etch, Lenny and sid should all work, but you can only put one version of Ubuntu and one version of Debian on the CD (this may change later.)
    The Ubuntu mini.iso is available at:
    http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/codename/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
    while the Debian one is at:
    http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/codename/main/installer-i386/current/images/netboot/mini.iso
    Last edited by maybeway36; March 30th, 2008 at 10:23 PM.

Beans

Version 1.5 has been released, with support for adding Fedora 9. Grab this image and save it as fedora-boot.iso:
    ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/rele...86-netinst.iso (114 MB)

Beans

Would it be possible to use this to combine Ubuntu, Xubuntu, and Kubuntu ISOs into one like what looks like is being done with DSL, Puppy, and GParted?
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast