Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

Beans

Re: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

I usually test my CDs with Qemu (or VirtualBox if Qemu is too slow.) I'm not including large ISO images in the combo script mostly because I don't use them all that often.
    I might add SystemRescueCD and/or Feather soon, when I have some spare time. (The reason I included the plain GParted live CD for partitioning is its small size - 50MB.)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    I usually test my CDs with Qemu (or VirtualBox if Qemu is too slow.) I'm not including large ISO images in the combo script mostly because I don't use them all that often.
    I might add SystemRescueCD and/or Feather soon, when I have some spare time. (The reason I included the plain GParted live CD for partitioning is its small size - 50MB.)
    Hi maybeway36, just wanted to let you know that i ran the new version of the script and it works great. Love what you've created there, and i know it probably takes a lot of time to work on it, but i do hope that you continue to do so.

SystemRescueCD is a very useful tool, and could possibly replace Gparted because it has Gparted incorporated into it, and a lot more besides. When nothing else would sort out my partitions, SysRescue did the job just fine.

BTW, the link in your sig for the "Linux Vault".... is that something that you have put together yourself? It's a great idea and i hope that it takes off...... having a lot of Linux info in one place makes it a lot easier & quicker to find what you're after.
    Registered Linux user: #413753 | Ubuntu user: #7595
    | Tiny Me | antiX | Zenwalk |

Beans

I have got the MultiBuntu DVD mostly made, but I I can't seem to get past a bug. For some reason, I can't get syslinux to stay up, it comes up for a second, then disapears again and boots up to the default selection (Ubuntu Live). It works similar to how you made this script (thanks for it! it helped me a lot in learning how to combine it), but it has some differences. I may release a pre-alpha image tarball.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

The Linux Vault is something I found on Digg. I put the x11vnc tutorial there so it's easy to update and add on to.

Beans

smartboyathome: I just noticed your post about the MultiBuntu DVD you're making. Check to make sure your isolinux.cfg includes the line "PROMPT 1". I made a CD once where I forgot that, and it did the same thing (booting to the default.)

Beans

Thanks, that worked, but now I don't know how to redirect the kernel to the renamed squashfs files.

Beans

I just released version 1.7, with SystemRescueCd support. Thanks DJiNN for recommending it; I'll use it instead of GParted from now on.

Beans

How about incorperating the Arch Linux CD? Good job on the script.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    I just released version 1.7, with SystemRescueCd support. Thanks DJiNN for recommending it; I'll use it instead of GParted from now on.
    That's great, and thanks once again for such a great script. It's a hard choice between Gparted & SysRescueCD, because they're both great, but SysRescueCD has GParted on it already, plus some other really great tools for partitioning and disk tools etc..... a really useful tool.
    Registered Linux user: #413753 | Ubuntu user: #7595
    | Tiny Me | antiX | Zenwalk |

Beans

A new version is out now. Version 1.8 has some general bugfixes and adds DBAN support. Noting too exciting, I suppose.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast