Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

Beans

Re: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

Version 3.8 is out. This adds PING support and fixes a few bugs. I'll look into Clonezilla for the next version.

Beans

Take a look at post #3 of this thread if you would like to know how to have both Gparted and Clonezilla on one CD. The problem is that Clonezilla gives weird warning messages in yellow when the live directory is different (I'm not sure if it is anything serious). But Gparted doesn't so you can change it and leave Clonezilla alone.

So here is an example of the isolinux.cfg with Clonezilla and Gparted.
    Code:
    label GParted Live
      # MENU DEFAULT
      # MENU HIDE
      MENU LABEL ^GParted Live (Default settings)
      # MENU PASSWD
      kernel /gparted/live/vmlinuz1
      append initrd=/gparted/live/initrd1.img live-media-path=gparted/live boot=live union=aufs    noswap vga=788 ip=frommedia
    label Clonezilla live
      # MENU DEFAULT
      # MENU HIDE
      MENU LABEL ^Clonezilla live (Default settings, VGA 1024x768)
      # MENU PASSWD
      kernel /live/vmlinuz1
      append initrd=/live/initrd1.img boot=live union=aufs    ocs_live_run="ocs-live-general" ocs_live_extra_param="" ocs_live_keymap="" ocs_live_batch="no" ocs_lang="" vga=791 ip=frommedia nolocales

Edit:
    Maybe this can fix the yellow warning message if you decide to change live directory for Clonezilla.
    Last edited by greatscott; December 15th, 2008 at 09:06 PM.

Beans

I just uploaded version 3.9, with Clonezilla support. It works with both GParted and Clonezilla on the same disc, by renaming the folders and passing a kernel option.

Beans

BUG REPORT: cp: cannot stat `/tmp/syslinux-3.71/com32/meodules/chain.c32': No such file or directory
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

Beans

Version 4.0 is out! This adds a new feature: if you put floppy images in the "games" subfolder within the multicd directory, they will be included in a submenu instead of the regular menu. This way I can put all my favorite freeware DOS games onto the CD
    Also, .imz files (gzip-compressed disk images) are now accepted as well as .img files.
    ftp://downloads.tuxfamily.org/multicd/multicd-4.0.sh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by maybeway36 View Post
    It's not a feature right now, and I don't plan on implementing it because I usually boot from CD-RWs (most of my computer's won't boot from USB.)
    Theoretically, it should be possible. You would need to use syslinux instead of isolinux and change the Slax options to allow resume, among other things.
    Could you please elaborate it further?

Assuming that syslinux and isolinux are basically same I tried the following:
    I copied the contents of multicd.iso to FAT16 partition and renamed isolinux directory as syslinux and isolinux.cfg as syslinux.cfg.
    I installed syslinux through 'sudo syslinux /dev/hdaX' and there was a file
    'ldlinux.sys' on /.

I made a grub entry to chainload the bootloader on hdaX and tried to boot but I am getting Boot error.

What should I do?

kagashe

Beans

kagashe: I sorry I can't really help you further. I think many of the images would work just copying to USB, but yours sound like a SYSLINUX problem. There are guides online to help.

Also:
    Version 4.1 is out with support for NetbootCD (another project of mine.)

Beans

Exclamation Re: Script to comine DSL, Puppy, GParted into one CD

This is a very cool script to accomplish something I've been trying to get working for ages. I thank you for that.

However, I'm trying to load other OS' not listed in your script. I have a series of [bootable] ISO's taken from CD's DVD's & websites.
    Gentoo (Live CD)
    Linux Mint (Full)
    Ubuntu (Full)
    BackTrack 3
    GParted (which is supported)
    RIPLinuX
    Offline NT Password & Registry Editor (linux variant)
    Maxtor MaxBlast 5 - Hard Drive utility (not a must but useful)

Instead of carrying 8 CD's, I'd like to create a multi-boot DVD that gives me the option of choosing which tool/OS I wish to boot into. I've scoured the net and found lots of outdated information some of which doesn't even work [anymore(?)]. I even purchased MagicISO with the expectation it would accomplish this, but its not born any fruit.

I'm not desperate but I just need to know if its possible, and if not, why. I would GREATLY appreciate any useful/constructive comments and/or suggestions on this topic. If you can refer me to another link/thread that discusses this, thats even better.
    I'm not looking to be spoonfed, I just need some guidance. I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but I'm not quite ready to edit 134 files in each distro to make sure it boots!

J

Beans

Linux Mint and Ubuntu cannot exist on the same CD as far as I know, since both use the same hardlinked underlying arcitecture. No Ubuntu derivatives can exist alongside another Ubuntu derivative because of this.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast