Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Guest Additions

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: [SOLVED] Guest Additions

I would love to tell every1 how i did it, but i really have no idea. I would advise following the link to the other thread and following the offsite link from there.
    ~ Sanity is the sign of an unused mind.
    ~ I poked a badger with a spoon!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [SOLVED] Guest Additions

I would also like to know how to do this. I'll explain my situation:

I am running a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop (1280x800) with Windows XP as the host. I run Vista and Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron Alpha 6 in a virtual machine full screen on a secondary monitor 1024x768 when I am at school. At home I just run it in a window.

Guest add-on's in Ubuntu are installed because I can drag my mouse between the guest & host perfectly. Now on the second monitor it shows 800x600 with a black border because the native resolution is 1024x768.

Left CTRL + G or clicking the "Auto-resize Guest Display" does not work. It remains 800x600 and it does not change if I re-size the window big/small or full screen.

Editing the xorg.conf screen res. file would most likely not work because the size is constantly changing. But I am guessing there is some value you change in the xorg.conf file other than the screen resolution.

If the person does not remember what they did to fix this, could they please post their xorg.conf file. Thank you.
    Last edited by vahnx; March 30th, 2008 at 01:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12