Thread: Recording not starting

Beans

Recording not starting

Hey all,

My mythtv server crashed and I had to reinstall so I decided to give mythbuntu gutsy a go. I got everything up and running and can watch tv but cannot get any recording scheduled.

When I schedule through mythweb I see the schedule in the Recording Schedules tab but nothing ever shows up in the Upcoming Recordings tab and nothing records.

When I schedule through mythfrontend it saves my schedule (which is then visible in mythweb Recording Schedules tab) but when I go back into the program it says the program is not to be recorded.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Allan

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Recording not starting

Quote Originally Posted by axcairns View Post
    Hey all,

My mythtv server crashed and I had to reinstall so I decided to give mythbuntu gutsy a go. I got everything up and running and can watch tv but cannot get any recording scheduled.

When I schedule through mythweb I see the schedule in the Recording Schedules tab but nothing ever shows up in the Upcoming Recordings tab and nothing records.

When I schedule through mythfrontend it saves my schedule (which is then visible in mythweb Recording Schedules tab) but when I go back into the program it says the program is not to be recorded.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Allan
    have you checked the backend logs in /var/log/mythtv to see if there are any errors, etc. that might
    help track down what's going wrong?

Beans

Nothing in the log looks relevant -

Code:
    allan@library:~$ cat /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log
    2008-03-07 08:11:54.607 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
    2008-03-07 08:11:54.627 adding: library as a client (events: 0)
    2008-03-07 08:11:59.292 MainServer::HandleAnnounce Monitor
    2008-03-07 08:11:59.302 adding: library as a client (events: 0)
    allan@library:~$

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You should look further back in your logs (mythbackend.log.1, mythbackend.log.2, etc.). What reason does it give for the program not to be recorded? Also, have you looked at your tuner status? Can you watch these scheduled programs that don't get recorded live in myth?
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware