Thread: HALP: Fiesty + PVR-350 + Dual Screens (LCD + TV) + Mythbuntu = xorg.conf? NEEDEXAMPLE

Beans

Exclamation HALP: Fiesty + PVR-350 + Dual Screens (LCD + TV) + Mythbuntu = xorg.conf? NEEDEXAMPLE

Hi all,
    Can anyone post a WORKING xorg.conf for:

Fiesty w/ Mythbuntu
    Dual Monitors (LCD + TV)
    PVR-350

?

I cant get it to work and I think a working example would be all I need.

THANKS!

Beans

Re: HALP: Fiesty + PVR-350 + Dual Screens (LCD + TV) + Mythbuntu = xorg.conf? NEEDEXA

bump

Beans

Re: HALP: Fiesty + PVR-350 + Dual Screens (LCD + TV) + Mythbuntu = xorg.conf? NEEDEXA

bump

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by krazyj View Post
    Hi all,
    Can anyone post a WORKING xorg.conf for:

Fiesty w/ Mythbuntu
    Dual Monitors (LCD + TV)
    PVR-350

?

I cant get it to work and I think a working example would be all I need.

THANKS!
    you need to post a lot more info than this to get any responses. some good info to include would be:

video card make/model
    desired resolution of monitor
    desired resolution of tv
    output used for tv- i.e. s-video, video out, component out, DVI, etc.
    whether or not you installed restricted-drivers

if you have used nvidia-settings or ati catalyst in attempts to get it working, it would also
    be a good idea to post the xorg.conf that was generated from that and explain what is
    and isn't working.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I am having a slight problem in this area too, i am trying to dual monitors (Both 1024x768 70Hz) I have an ATI X1800, i have gotton the second monitor to work.
    The major problem is that I can not move the program, or window onto the other monitor, and when i have a program running on one monitor i can not open that program until the program is completely closed.
    Example:
    Firefox is opened on monitor 1 i decide to move Firefox onto monitor 2 and find i cannot. I then decide to just launch a new window on the Monitor 2 but it responds by saying "Firefox is already running, but is not responding..." message. I then find out that this is not just firefox but all programs give an error meaning the same thing.

I am trying to make the dual monitor setup much like how it is in XP and if anyone knows how to help that would be much appreciated. Thanks

PS. Discovered that Monitor 2 cannot do any root things such as su root, and synaptic package manager
    Last edited by melenor; March 6th, 2008 at 10:26 PM.