Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Robot puppy (with the Nokia n800)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Talking Re: My Robot puppy (with the Nokia n800)

Quote Originally Posted by smuki View Post
    Nice work there mate, and quite a good pup too (love those ones that are house trained). It moves a good deal more than I thought it would from the start of the clip.
    Thanks smuki

The amount of moves it can do by itself also surprised me. And thats just the robot puppy responding to its own sensors. You can also control the robot puppy via a remote Nokia n800/770 or any other computer that has WiFi.

You can also make it say anything you like too, just type in the text and hit enter
    Last edited by linux23dragon; September 29th, 2008 at 09:41 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: My Robot puppy (with the Nokia n800)

Quote Originally Posted by smartboyathome View Post
    No, Ninja Robot.

Anyway, I think they would love this. How does it compare to the Lego robots though (what they use currently)?

I think you can do more with the Lego robots since you build the parts you need. So you can experiment more with robotic structure ideas.

In fact the Lego kits can be used to build custom automation tools too. So in effect you have a prototype tool box.

The Advance Comprehensive Bioloid kit has 26 different projects. You have wheels and servos to play with. But you are restricted with a number of parts that you cannot build from scratch. Thats not a bad thing. It has its place in the market for other types modifications or add ons you might need to focus on instead.

UPDATE EDIT I just found this Bioloid robot on youtube by balhan00. It shows how you can use the wheels that comes with the kit.

I'm not sure if you can make humanoids or puppy robots as big or strong, using the Lego kits. But its worth a go. I don't own a Lego kit, yet. But I have researched about it some time ago.

I take it that your friends already uses the Lego bots?
    Last edited by linux23dragon; September 29th, 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Lightbulb Re: My Robot puppy (with the Nokia n800)

Quote Originally Posted by earthpigg View Post
    kung fu robot?!

*runs for the hills*
    Here, srobot is in the middle of developing the cart wheel.

davidaearthy had used the bioloid's servos current load as a tilt sensor

kymhorsell demonstrates the self defense and other demo moves.

The bioloid humanoid is very top heavy due to the internal battery pack, mounted into its back. As you can see here. So you are limited.

There are other robot kits that can give you more movements without to much trouble.

Like the Robonova.

condortan demonstrates the Robonova doing a kungfu dance on youtube

UPDATE More Martial Artsby BauerMECH

The Robonova is a very well balanced humanoid robot that can move very fast. But you can't turn it into a robot dog.
    Last edited by linux23dragon; September 29th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I tell you what, I'm really impressed with that!! It responded much better than I was expecting...

A really good little job you've done there, keep up the good work!! If you could knock me up a Pat Labor exoskeleton type robot suit I would be very apperciative....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Steve H View Post
    I tell you what, I'm really impressed with that!! It responded much better than I was expecting...

A really good little job you've done there, keep up the good work!! If you could knock me up a Pat Labor exoskeleton type robot suit I would be very apperciative....

Thanks Steve H

Glad you liked it.

Would that be an Pat Labor exoskeleton robot suit to fit a human?
    You must be a robot entertainer for various functions?

fedex1993 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

very cool but i dont know if i want to do that with that nice of a tablet pc

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Talking Re: My Robot puppy (with the Nokia n800)

Quote Originally Posted by fedex1993 View Post
    very cool but i dont know if i want to do that with that nice of a tablet pc
    Thank you fedex1993.

The Nokia n800 is only mounted to the robot head with four double sided foam tape squares. I can (and have) pull the Internet tablet off very easily without any damage.

The Internet tablet communicates to and from the robot via Bluetooth. So its a no fuss attachment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123