Thread: Mounting HD to /var/lib/recordings kills backend

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Exclamation Mounting HD to /var/lib/recordings kills backend

I am running into a very frustrating issue.

I am trying to mount a new hard drive into the folder /var/lib/recordings and it mounts fine, but when it is mounted the backend goes weird.

The backend is not accessible... however, when I try to do /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop restart or force-reload it says none are running but when try to do the start command it says one is running..

I have my Videos drive mounted and everything was fine.. but the recordings drive is causing this problem.. when I unmount the drive and restart.. everything runs normal

If there are any logs that I need to post just ask and I will get them up here.. I really am confused because I don't see why it is breaking the backend.. even mythweb can't access it when the recordings drive is mounted

Thanks
    Asus M2NPV-VM - Gefore 6150 - 2 GB Ram
    Huappauge 150 - Huappauge 500 - Mythbuntu 8.40

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Mounting HD to /var/lib/recordings kills backend

Might be a permissions problem. The mounted drive needs to writeable by the mythtv user. Make sure it is writeable by the mythtv user.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Mounting HD to /var/lib/recordings kills backend

Thanks... I thought that I had the permissions right.. but I forgot to set the readwrite access after changing ownership..

The could not connect to the backserver IP was throwing me off.. works great now.. thanks

Solved
    Last edited by kyfehr; March 6th, 2008 at 02:34 AM. Reason: Solved
    Asus M2NPV-VM - Gefore 6150 - 2 GB Ram
    Huappauge 150 - Huappauge 500 - Mythbuntu 8.40