Thread: Where can I donate my company PCs?

Beans

Exclamation Where can I donate my company PCs?

I have a bunch of old PCs from my company that I need to donate. Most are Pentium 3's. We are located in Pasadena, CA (Los Angeles County). These are the things I need and want.

NEED:
    - Credible Non-Profit, so we can use this as a tax ride off
    - Someone to pick the computers and monitors up at the office

WANT:
    - I would like the computers to be used for Ubuntu
    - It would also be nice to get an update (results) after the computers have been setup.

Does anyone know of a place that can do this for me. We have a local church group that can pick up the PCs, but I would rather the PCs to go to a public organization (school, etc). Please reply to this thread and let me know. Thanks.

Beans

Re: Where can I donate my company PCs?

how many computers you got how old what are the specs i could buy a couple of them and use them at my home

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Check out the Free Geek project. Unfortunately, no stores in California, but I bet they could lead you to a local resource.
    Join your a Local Linux User Group or an Ubuntu Local Community Team...
    Purchase your next computer with Ubuntu pre-installed and supported for best hardware compatibility.
    Support companies that support Ubuntu and Linux solutions.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I WANT THEM!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can I have them? I don't care how many you have I will pick them up and everything. I meet all of your requirements already!

I work for a non profit charter school in San Diego (Albert Einstein Academies) and can send you our tax code immediately. I will pick them up myself in my 1991 lincoln towncar whenever you want. So far my record is 30 machines with keyboards and mice but no monitors so if you have more than that maybe I will borrow my dad's truck or something. I am already using lots of machines for Edubuntu servers and thin clients as you can see from my presentation at hartmanbot.com and I blog about the whole experience (also at hartmanbot.com) so you can keep up to date whenever you want!

Please, please don't give these away to a less deserving organization. We have 750 kids in grades K-8 and sadly a move to Pentium 3's would be a step up for many of them. We have an entire computer lab of Pentium 2's for goodness sake. Thanks so much for your time, I hope you'll consider us. -joe (technology teacher)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Cool Re: Where can I donate my company PCs?

Spelling police:

Quote Originally Posted by LsrLine View Post
    NEED:
    - Credible Non-Profit, so we can use this as a tax ride off

tax write off

Last post looks like you found someone.
    If at first you don't succeed - just buy the company and tell them to make the one you want.