Thread: Angels Online?

Beans

Angels Online?

Has anyone tried installing this game? The winehq database says it works but when I try to install it I get the following error;

wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\install.exe": Module not found

Does anyone have an idea on how ot fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Angels Online?

Is there a file name install.exe at c:\windows\system32 within the wine filesystem?

Beans

No, there is not.

Beans
    Distro

How are you trying to install the program? Are you sure that when you run the executable, you are pointed at the correct directory? Also, if the game comes on a CD (I don't know anything about the game so sorry if I'm asking dumb questions), are you installing from the CD or did you copy the files to your hard disk for some reason?

If you think that the above is not the problem, take a look at this thread http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=538430&page=2 and especially the last post; it looks very similar to your problem.

Beans

I am in the directory of the .exe, it's not on a CD, it's a downloadable game. I have the c:\windows\system32 but there's no install.exe ;\

Beans
    Distro

I don't think there's supposed to be an install.exe in the system32 directory (there's not one in my virtual install of XP), so that's not the problem. Try doing the stuff outlined in the last post of the thread that I linked to above.