Man, I REALLY want to get Snood (v 3.52) working on Ubuntu 8.10
I have done these steps:
1. added the wine repositories
(instruction: http://www.winehq.org/site/download-deb )
2. saved the patch text above to snoodpatch.patch and placed it in my home directory
Now I need to do steps 3 - 5:
3. create custom wine including patch
4. remove already installed wine
5. install custom wine from created .deb
I'm hesitant about trying the exact code for step 3 given above, since it seems suited for an older version of ubuntu.
Can someone please give me an updated guide for steps 3-5 that works on 8.10. As basic as possible please! For example, I'm unsure on how to install from a .deb file.