Thread: World of Warcraft ?!!!

Beans

World of Warcraft ?!!!

Well since I have WoW installed on my laptop which runs vista and is a HP dual core would I be able to copy the directory to my ubuntu linux machine? To the wine directory ofcourse? and would it run?

fedex1993 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: World of Warcraft ?!!!

no you half to install world of warcraft via wine then like install the addons and what not again. I run world of warcraft on ubuntu full time

Beans

I get this error:

An error was detected while verifying the contents of the file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\common.MPQ". There may be a problem with your system, or with the drive at C:\. You can attempt to install again. If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support.

Beans

I copied the whole wow folder from my windows partition into .wine/c_drive/program files and it worked fine.

Beans

I am trying to download Wine to Mint 4.0 I am new to Linux which is now my only OS on this pc I am unable to download wine or once it downloads cannot get it to run so that I can install world of warcraft. at this point I need someone to hold my newbie hand and direct me how to get this proocess to work as flawless as it seems on the hundreds of forums I have read

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by fedex1993 View Post
    no you half to install world of warcraft via wine then like install the addons and what not again. I run world of warcraft on ubuntu full time
    Incorrect. After installing Wine on your laptop, all you would need to do is copy the ".wine" folder from your home directory to your home directory on the laptop, then the setup would be exactly identical for wine (assuming you don't have any symlinks that go outside that folder)

Beans

ok i simply installed it, and it worked just fine- why are you asking by the time you can check for a reply u could've downlaoded and installed by now...hehe

also, i can get it to work fine but if i used codeweavers crossover would there be less lag?

also, uberlube, i agree with your last message...errors and failures come with windows, my windows drive COMPLETELY shut down on me, now my comp doesnt even recognise it...hehe...i think that might've been my fault...='(

visit me in-game on wow im healtankdpsr - us - spirestone
    Last edited by healtank; May 1st, 2008 at 04:08 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Quote Originally Posted by xtek0 View Post
    Well since I have WoW installed on my laptop which runs vista and is a HP dual core would I be able to copy the directory to my ubuntu linux machine? To the wine directory ofcourse? and would it run?
    YES IT WOULD WORK FINE YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE SOME CHAGES IN CONFIG.WTF FILE. I RUN THE SAME WAY ON 3 MACHINES. NO ISSUES