View Poll Results: Witch os do you prefer Vista or Ubuntu?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ubuntu!

531 84.55%
  • Vista!

59 9.39%
  • Don't know...

38 6.05%
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu or Vista (why?)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Ubuntu or Vista (why?)

Is your opinion based on your own usage of Windows Vista?
    Yes it sure is, I was at a boarding school where i had to borrow one of my friends labtop. It was brand new, and "should" be very fast. I had so much problems getting GW running, and when it finally did the computer restarted all of a sudden... Also i had a whole lot of problems with vira, and when my friend didn't know anything about computers i had to do all the work. I just have to tell you, yes my opinion is based on my own use. first i thought Vista was great, you didn't have to setup the internet to make it run, but after 1 hour in front of the computer I hated Vista.

you might say that's just because i don't know anything about computers. but i'm pretty used to windows, and fixing the problems it brings a long, but it was the administration limitation in windows Vista that drove me crazy...

I'll never use it my self...

(was that enough?)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

For me, Linux is more secure, fast, and has great customizability.
    Sayak Banerjee
    KDE Sysadmin | KDE e.V.
    Need help? Contact us.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Just to stir up the pot, I voted for Vista! Then, I found out there were already 4 other people in the Vista camp.

EDIT:
    "Don't know" is still zero vote, mmm... too late trying to be funny.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

People who Voted for Vista, are you serious?

I didn't set up this Thread to be funny, but to see why people use Ubuntu, and how many who actually would prefer Vista...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Talking Re: Ubuntu or Vista (why?)

Ubuntu is a FLOSS OS, so hands-down.

Why not Vista? Well, Vista is the "Second Windows ME". For those who do not know or not aware of the reality, Windows ME was simply a "test" product they released years ago to test new stuff that will go to the "real" product, which is Windows XP.

Windows Vista is exactly that. They are currently developing the "real" "NextGen" Windows OS which is slated to be released 2010 to 2012 according to latest target dates.

So if I will buy my next MS Win OS, I will wait for that. Im not going to waste money for the Second iteration of Windows ME.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by rasmus91 View Post

I didn't set up this Thread to be funny, but to see why people use Ubuntu, and how many who actually would prefer Vista...
    Ok, my bad. Apologies.

It just that after awhile, these ubuntu vs windows threads get a bit old; it just a bit pointless, don't you know? So you put in a joke or two.

I will go away now, and stop being an fool.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ubuntu is much better than Vista, I installed Ubuntu last Sunday and I haven't touched my lap top(with pre-installed vista) until now. Ubuntu is stable, fast and I love it. Mine is Pentiumlll, 512MB RAM and 10GB Disc space, it is 1999 model but works like a new PC when I switched from XP to Ubuntu. I don't worry about recovery disc for my Vista(OEM versions do not provide recovery disc) any more because when it crashes it is time to say ADIOS.

Beans
    Hidden!

. I just have to tell you, yes my opinion is based on my own use.
    That's cool - I wasn't picking a fight with you! I asked because some people's opinions on Vista aren't based on personal experience.

Yes. I've been using it for over a year now without any problems. It runs well on my ageing PC, has been rock-solid in terms of stability, and does everything I need it to. I enjoy using it.

Beans

vista - its idiot proof. Ubuntu isn't.

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

I think that the interface of Vista already looks dated...You need a antivirus to buy and a good firewall also.
    I'm on Ubuntu 2 weeks and I adore it, its FREE and you have everything you need: to surf the net, no viruses, integrated firewall, you can play mp3, videos etc - for Free. Why to pay money to Microsoft for OS with bugs... In a market you buy a PC and you don't have the freedom to choose your OS, it come with Windows OS already...
    Thx guys for developing Ubuntu and for amazing forum with tons of HOW TO

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast