Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wubi Problem

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Wubi Problem

Quote Originally Posted by lond View Post
    He referring to the "Insert" button on your keyboard.

// lond
    And you press insert rapidly after you choose Ubuntu from the Windows bootloader.

Beans

sorry i took so long to reply. here is what i have, i took a picture and ill type in what happens after i press on the bootloader. btw, ive also inserted an IDE hard drive and will install on that tonight to see if it makes any difference

Kernel alive
    kernel direct mapping tables up to........ (cant distinguish it but anyway) then it normally restarts or just goes black screen mode ill try the insert key

Beans

That is just 8.04 by the way, 7 gives a different error, but thats with both of them, Wubi and the live disk. Is there any way round this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by FrostiEE View Post
    And you press insert rapidly after you choose Ubuntu from the Windows bootloader.
    tried that, same symptoms. just checking if theres an update for it now.

Beans

would it be worth downloading an old version and trying that. because i got further with those ones, you know? at least i got an error rather than just a blank screen.

Beans

ok yesterday i download wubi 8.04 to install on my brand new machine acer whit vista home basic , the thing install and reboot then a got the option of ubuntu or vista when I chosse ubuntu i get a error message , cant boot ubuntu , can annyone help me ...i use ubuntu on my hold machine and love it ...i would like to run it on my new vista ...i whanna use both ...

Beans

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12