• Not much.

4 4.76%
  • Not at all!

2 2.38%
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jungian Test...Try it Out

Beans

Re: Jungian Test...Try it Out

I've been reading around about my personality type and I swear, it explains so much about my past behaviour that it is quite uncanny. It explains why I was drawn to Linux (the community and the enjoyment of helping people), and it also explains why English Literature is the easiest A level subject for me. It even explains personal conflicts I've had and why I acted in that way.

Fantastic stuff
    Last edited by Mazza558; February 24th, 2008 at 09:13 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeroangel View Post
    Ahh man, typology is one of my primary interests.

That test gave me INFJ -- It was very iffy on the F and J (52 and 51%).

Inaccurate. There are much more decisive and accurate MBTI/Jung tests out there. One that comes to mind is the type test at mypersonality.info
    Got ISTJ on op:s link. ISTP on mypersonality.info. Looked them up on wikipedia and was very impressed that mypersonality.info managed to pick ISTP, it's me. Wikipedia had the following to say:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
    ...making them ideally suited to the field of engineering...
    Probably gonna start studying engineering soon. That or CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia.org
    ...can be closet "daredevils" who gravitate toward fast-moving and/or risky hobbies (such as bungee jumping, hang gliding, motorcycling, parachuting, SCUBA diving, etc.), recreational sports (such as downhill skiing...
    Impressive, I love skiing and I am a skydiver.

So if you only have the time to do one test do the one at www.mypersonality.info

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

The closer you score in any of the four functions is a good thing, but remember that this is an online test although some of you have taken an MBTI in other personal situations like a job or therapy. There are handfuls of different tests that measure functionality the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory MMPI is another highly respected and often used test.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba64 View Post
    The closer you score in any of the four functions is a good thing, but remember that this is an online test although some of you have taken an MBTI in other personal situations like a job or therapy. There are handfuls of different tests that measure functionality the Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory MMPI is another highly respected and often used test.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minneso...lity_Inventory
    Yeah, I've heard about the inventory test and some good stuff about it. Have you taken it before?
    Beginner's Team List: here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.
    Sounds a lot like me.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Neat.

Emil Visti

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I wanted to thank Presto123 for starting this thread although it is not a Ubuntu thang it is an interesting subject. I took the MMPI about a month ago as part of a disability testing program at the university I attend. I am registered in the Disability resource center because of the barbiturates I have to take for epilepsy they slooooooow my brain down. But inspite of that I have a 3.69 GPA I thought the testing would be interesting due to it being administered by psychology grad students who are overseen by an in house Doctor of psychology PsyD. I haven't gotten the results back yet, they gave me a battery of test that took about 6 visits at about 3 hrs at a time. The MMPI seemed to have questions that wanted yes or no answers no in between but that was my personal impression, it apparently is a fairly accurate test which considers your psychological makeup besides personality, I guess that is why it is called an inventory. This testing also included testing of my IQ in different areas. I actually had fun taking the tests, the tester was easy to relate to and I think was very thorough in try to find in discrepancy in my tiny brain, this person new my goals are a PhD in clinical psychology or counseling and wanted to help me.
    Last edited by Bubba64; February 26th, 2008 at 06:00 AM.

Beans

INTP and wow, really accurate.

As an INTP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things rationally and logically. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
    The INTP is usually very independent, unconventional, and original. They are not likely to place much value on traditional goals such as popularity and security. They usually have complex characters, and may tend to be restless and temperamental. They are strongly ingenious, and have unconventional thought patterns which allows them to analyze ideas in new ways. Consequently, a lot of scientific breakthroughs in the world have been made by the INTP.

The INTP is at his best when he can work on his theories independently. When given an environment which supports his creative genius and possible eccentricity, the INTP can accomplish truly remarkable things. These are the pioneers of new thoughts in our society.
    You hear that, I'm special!
    Last edited by uberlube; February 25th, 2008 at 10:14 AM.

Beans

INTP.
    I've taken things like this in the past and I pretty much get INTP or INTJ, I think.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Introverted (I) 66.67% Extroverted (E) 33.33%
    Sensing (S) 54.05% Intuitive (N) 45.95%
    Thinking (T) 64.86% Feeling (F) 35.14%
    Judging (J) 55.81% Perceiving (P) 44.19%

Your type is: ISTJ

ISTJ - "Trustee". Decisiveness in practical affairs. Guardian of time- honored institutions. Dependable. 11.6% of total population.
    About right. I can see how the results could vary depending on how many beers I have.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast