Thread: Logic Games

Beans

Logic Games

Maybe I'm nuts when posting this..

Here are some rules:
    1. A poster gives some logic problems.
    2. The poster below it posts his/her solution to the problem and posts a new one.

Hope this sell...

I start:

Here is a problem I found on Copi and Cohen's book Introduction to Logic, 11th Edition:

Socrates was a great philosopher. Therefore either Socrates was happily married or else he wasn't.

The argument above is valid.

Prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ushimitsudoki View Post
    Fixing Bug #1 doesn't mean becoming Bug #1. We need to improve Linux, not clone Windows.
    Windows sucks. Linux rocks!
    Minsan, masaya rin kung hindi ka naiintindihan ng iba. Go multilinguals!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Logic Games

disproved:: Socrates committed suicide therefore Socrates was not a great enough philosopher to keep himself alive long enough to fully understand life. Whether he was happily married or not is irrelevant as his suicide breached said marital contract.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Logic Games

therefore because of what my signature says you will do whatever you were going to do in the first place.
    clear && echo paste url and press enter; read paste; (youtube-dl $paste) | zenity --progress --title="" --text "Downloading, please wait" --auto-close --pulsate && ans=$(zenity --file-selection); gnome-terminal -x mplayer "$ans"