Thread: Do meetings change location?

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Do meetings change location?

Hi,

I just found this group through free IT athens, and joined because I can't brag enough about Edubuntu --and all my "normal" friends are tired of hearing me talk about it

I see that the last few meetings have been in Sandy Springs and was curious if you ever meet closer to Athens or SE Atl or Macon (anything's better than driving to Roswell Rd LOL)

I also wanted to let y'all know that I have been using Edubuntu for about 2 years while home schooling my kids who range from Pre-K to 11th grade. I am More than happy to do anything I can to promote edubuntu.
    I am continually amazed by it!! And I have (unfortunately) had a good bit of experience playing with the networking ...... But the apps are soo nice and cool--and OMG actually Educational.
    I could go on and on.....

Anywho..

Have a good Day
    Nice to Meet y'all

Danielle

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Do meetings change location?

Danielle,

We have in the past held meetings in Decatur, right off hwy 78. I am not sure if we will start meetings in Athens (or Decatur again for that matter) but I will definitely bring it up and see about getting some new locations for the meetings.

Check back in this thread for updates!

By the way, glad to hear you are happy with Edubuntu! I am homeshcooled myself (11th grade), so I know that it can certainly help... especially with Latin! Since I handle setting up most of the face-to-face meetings, I will see about arranging meetings in new locations.

### UPDATE ###

There is a new poll open on the ubuntu-georgia.org site where you can vote for a new location!
    Last edited by JReagan1990; February 23rd, 2008 at 01:09 AM.
    LoCo About Ubuntu! - jonreagan.wordpress.com

Vote for the Ubuntu Developer Network!!! - http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/18100/

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Do meetings change location?

Thanks

Hmm....So you studied latin? I might need to pick your brain someday LOL

Thanks to whomever for posting the poll. I don't know which way to vote tho, Athens may be better than Decatur, but Athens, Decatur and even Snellville are all around 45 min to an hour--so six of one, half dozen of another. I gotta say tho, I know Gwinnett better than the other areas.

Have a good day!

Danielle