Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Howto: Use BlueProximity and your cellphone for security

Beans

Re: Howto: Use BlueProximity and your cellphone for security

Works perfectly. Samsung E2121B. The configuration was very easy and quick.
    Some people said that the screen didn't lock - please check your distance settings AND close the configuration window. If it's open, the screen will not lock.
    http://bash.org.pl/615560/ (translated from Polish)
    <samael>I want to steal windows source code
    <kses>that's like breaking into headquarters of a secret organization to steal a floor mop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by lunatico View Post
    Most likely yes... but I'm not familiar with that application. Look through the app's documentation and find out if it's possible to control it via CLI. If it is then it can be scripted and controlled by blueproximity.
    Hi Lunatico,

This app is opensource and you can read all about it here. It has an API if anyone wants to have a look( I am not a programmer unfortunately so cant get into it).

But generally speaking, the playback is via flash in a web browser, so my question is, does this script(or any other) control(pause/resume)playback just like rhythmbox etc is being controlled by the script?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Minime1 View Post
    This app is opensource and you can read all about it here. It has an API if anyone wants to have a look( I am not a programmer unfortunately so cant get into it).
    On the API page there's a link: "Feel free to join the Subsonic App Developers group for discussions, suggestions and questions."
    Join and ask them, I'm pretty sure that if it's a supported feature they'll know and come back with a simple one-liner of the command you need.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by lunatico View Post
    On the API page there's a link: "Feel free to join the Subsonic App Developers group for discussions, suggestions and questions."
    Join and ask them, I'm pretty sure that if it's a supported feature they'll know and come back with a simple one-liner of the command you need.

I may do that. Thanks

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617