Thread: how do you remove raids and restart?

Beans

how do you remove raids and restart?

I am currently installing ubuntu on a backup server for a virtualized server. The problem is when I setup the raids it set up two vs one. I now cannot get the second raid or even the first one removed. I've tried all the remove options on the partitioner but, I'm getting no where. Anyone have any ideas?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: how do you remove raids and restart?

Partitioner? What partitioner?
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q33WB, Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz, SSDs,32G RAM | Dell Laptop 13.3".
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win10 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.

Beans

I should have been a little more direct in this. We went through and set up the raids in ubuntu. However, my friend here didn't realize he did it twice. now we have two raids. i cant remove them

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well, you have to zero the superblocks before you can use software raid drives as normal ones.

In a terminal window use this command on each of the drives in each of the raid arrays:

Code:
    sudo mdamd --zero-superblock /dev/sd[nn]
    The "sd[nn]" would be each device, one at a time, like sdb1, sdc1, hda1, etc.

Let us know how you do.
    Regards, frank, at http://yantrayoga.typepad.com/noname/
    Homebuilt Lian-Li PC-Q33WB, Intel i7-4790K 4.6GHz, SSDs,32G RAM | Dell Laptop 13.3".
    Oracle VBox w/ WinXP/Win10 running Xara Designer, PaintShopPro, and InDesign CS.