Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] error 22 with Diablo 2 running on wine 0.9.55

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

[SOLVED] error 22 with Diablo 2 running on wine 0.9.55

So the main thing with this issue is I'm not getting anything when I run the video test so error 22 just states the fact that I don't have video capabilities for some reason and of course the game won't start...

this is all I get when I run wine in the terminal..

Code:
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine diablo 2
    wine: could not load L"c:\\windows\\system32\\diablo.exe": Module not found
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ fixme:spoolsv:serv_main (0 (nil))
    err:advapi:service_get_status service protocol error - failed to read pipe r = 0  count = 0!
    Anyone have an idea
    - wise man say forgiveness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: error 22 with Diablo 2 running on wine 0.9.55

try to disalbe 3d glide support. Make it run under direct 3d instead...
    registered linux user 406293, registered linux machine 311340 .
    registered ubuntu user 16130.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine diablo 2
    Why is there a space between "diablo" and "2" ?

Wine enables the user to ommit the ".exe" part of the executable you intend to run, therefore it looks for diablo.exe, which is not, I think, the name of the diablo2 exe.

More, your command specifies a relative path, which suggests to the system that diablo.exe is in the current working directory (e.g. your home dir, or ~/ ). Try running it from it's real directory, i.e. .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo 2/
    Restons Infidèles, Absurde Adversité

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by ekravche View Post
    try to disalbe 3d glide support. Make it run under direct 3d instead...
    No clue how to do that actually :-\ I'm a newb face

Quote Originally Posted by karth View Post
    Why is there a space between "diablo" and "2" ?

Wine enables the user to ommit the ".exe" part of the executable you intend to run, therefore it looks for diablo.exe, which is not, I think, the name of the diablo2 exe.

More, your command specifies a relative path, which suggests to the system that diablo.exe is in the current working directory (e.g. your home dir, or ~/ ). Try running it from it's real directory, i.e. .wine/drive_c/Program Files/Diablo 2/
    And I tried running it from the terminal from the install directory but I don't know how to type into the terminal the file path it doesn't seem to want to take what I put if there are spaces in between the folder names.

Code:
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine /media/500GB irock/Wine Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe
    wine: cannot find '/media/500GB'
    See what I mean?
    Last edited by Colemanvt; February 17th, 2008 at 04:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

- You can work around the spaces by putting the entire path between quotes.

- Try like this:

locate diablo -i

- It will look for files/folders called diablo, and when it finds something, it will show the full path.* Then just copy and paste that path and put it between quotes. (copy = select that line using the mouse, paste = click middle mouse button)

- For example, I have a game "Undying.exe". If I do a search:

locate undying.exe -i

- The result is:

/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Clive Barker's Undying/System/Undying.exe

- So, in this case the command to navigate to the proper folder is:

cd "/home/username/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Clive Barker's Undying/System/"

* If "locate diablo -i" didn't find anything, perhaps you need to update the database first (this could take a minute or so):

sudo updatedb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

nice thanks for that tidbit always kinda confused me a bit and I never found anything about the quotes whenever I googled the idea... so now this is what I get when I try and run d2

Code:
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine "/media/500GB irock/Wine Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe"
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/hda: Read-only file system
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/hdc: No medium found
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg0: Permission denied
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg1: Permission denied
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg4: Permission denied
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg3: Permission denied
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg2: Permission denied
    err:aspi:SCSI_OpenDevice Failed to open device /dev/sg5: Permission denied
    fixme:cursor:CURSORICON_LoadFromFile No support for .ani cursors.
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x111e,00007f8a),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x1126,00007f00),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x1136,00007f03),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x113e,00007f01),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x114e,00007f88),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x115e,00007f86),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x116e,00007f83),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x117e,00007f85),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x118e,00007f82),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x119e,00007f84),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x11ae,00007f04),stub!
    fixme:cursor:SetSystemCursor (0x11be,00007f02),stub!
    fixme:advapi:SetSecurityInfo stub
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ fixme:win:EnumDisplayDevicesW ((null),0,0x817ff0,0x00000000), stub!
    fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32 to 8
    err:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Resolution change not successful -- perhaps display has changed?   colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine "/media/500GB irock/Wine Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe"
    I'm guessing maybe that I need to edit my xorg.conf and add in a resolution with a low bit rate? just a guess. Even if you guys think that's right I'm at a loss as to how to actually do that. >_<

Beans
    Distro

I'm guessing maybe that I need to edit my xorg.conf and add in a resolution with a low bit rate? just a guess. Even if you guys think that's right I'm at a loss as to how to actually do that. >_<
    No, don't edit xorg.conf if you're not 100% sure how to or why. (And know how to repair things when the system breaks.)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Colemanvt View Post
    colemanvt@CVT-Deskbuntu:~$ wine "/media/500GB irock/Wine Program Files/Diablo II/Diablo II.exe"
    I really don't understand what's going on here: is diablo already installed? Is it on a different harddrive?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by happyhamster View Post
    I really don't understand what's going on here: is diablo already installed? Is it on a different harddrive?
    I installed it on a separate hard drive from that of my main file system. I just thought that would be wise incase I need to format or something I would already have all the files set up and good to go and not have to reinstall diablo.

Do you think the fact that I made it install on another hard drive is what's giving me troubles?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Colemanvt View Post
    I installed it on a separate hard drive from that of my main file system.
    Ok, that should be possible (never tried it myself though). But how did you install it? Did you install it onto that drive using wine (using wineprefixcreate), or is it a real windows install perhaps?

I just thought that would be wise incase I need to format or something I would already have all the files set up and good to go and not have to reinstall diablo.
    The way wine works is that it creates a mock windows drive in a hidden folder ".wine" in your home folder. When using wine you can always backup or delete that .wine folder if needed. Basically, as long as you *don't* run anything wine related as root (by using 'sudo') your'se safe to experiment.

Do you think the fact that I made it install on another hard drive is what's giving me troubles?
    I think that getting applications to run well under wine is difficult enough as it is. Anything that complicates things even more is, well, a challenge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast