Thread: Using 2 drives

Beans

Using 2 drives

Hi want use an 40 GB Drive for the OS/logs and other stuff, and a 400GB drive for VIDEOS, TV SHOW, PICS , MUSIC.

how do i redirect myth tv to us ethe other drive. this change will be when i reinstall to 8.04. is that make a difference.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Using 2 drives

In the backend setup select a directory that is on your 400GB drive for your recordings. And in the frontend setup select directories on your frontend drive for mythgallery, mythmusic, and mythvideo. I haven't used mythbuntu, but you can do this in the regular setup screens (setup in mythfrontend, and mythv-setup). I use separate drives for all my media too...
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

Ok how will this redo the shair points on the system? or do i have to shair them my self.

thanks
    Fernando

Beans

Videos are stored in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings by default. But, there's some menu where you can change this directory. You can use /etc/fstab to auto-mount the 400GB drive on that directory every time you reboot.

Make sure the permissions are correct on the /var/lib/mythtv/recordings directory. If you don't, mythbackend (I think it's the backend and not the frontend) fails with a pretty vague error message.

I actually have a very similar setup to yours and newlinux has a genericly terrible nick, but a great suggestion. I'm gonna do that because my smaller drive that has the operating system on it has quite a bit of space at the end where I can keep all my music.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Levander View Post
    Videos are stored in /var/lib/mythtv/recordings by
    I actually have a very similar setup to yours and newlinux has a genericly terrible nick, but a great suggestion....
    Hey, you raggin' my nickname? Wassup with that? What can I say, when I picked it I was devoid of creativity and now I use it in other forums.
    Linux & MythTV 4 Life
    Running ubuntu on an Atom 330, Atom D525, Turion 64 X2 TL-56, X2 3800, X2 4200, X2 4600, E2180, Core i5 450M, and a Core i7-2600
    My Hardware

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by newlinux View Post
    Hey, you raggin' my nickname? Wassup with that? What can I say, when I picked it I was devoid of creativity and now I use it in other forums.
    He must hate mine too then