Thread: Dosemu help!

Beans

Dosemu help!

Ok- I've installed the newest version of dosemu and have been able to load games. I only have two problems so far: I am not sure how to configure my sound card and I need to figure out a way to lock the mouse into the program being run (i.e. I'm playing a First Person Shooter, but the mouse isn't tied directly into the system so I can't turn without moving out of the screen.)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Dosemu help!

dos games you say... well I use dosbox, it works great for those games and i have never had any trouble with sound or video, BTW I use dos box game loader (DBGL) as a "manager" works great!
    Always,
    John

Beans

Thanks--I'll give it a try. Where can I find the dos box game loader?

Beans

I just tried dosbox- no problem with sound and the mouse reacted like it should have. Thank you very much! It seemed to run the first person shooter a little slower, but it's playable now that I have sound and correct mouse movement. I'll mess with it! Thanks a lot! If you could point me out to the game loader I'd be all set!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

when downloading dosbox, you should look at its compatilitiy list and find the version that best suits each of your games.

Beans

so far all of the games I have tried have ran fine. Are you saying that it is sometimes necessary to run multiple versions of it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by jsnelli2 View Post
    so far all of the games I have tried have ran fine. Are you saying that it is sometimes necessary to run multiple versions of it?
    different versions of dosbox have different compatibility levels with different games. they have compatibility lists that show you which version is best for which game. for the most part it shouldn't cause many problems, but every now and then you may find a game that needs an older version of dosbox.

Beans

i have mouse issues with dosbox. my issue is the mouse cursor moves veeeeeery slow in fullscreen mode. every game i try i have to move the mouse 3 times more then i would have to in say dosemu to get the cursor to move any amount of distance on the screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

This thread is for dosemu however, which is a completely different animal. I can't lock the mouse in either (and I do use dosemu to play the more heavier games such as Blood in 1024x768 smoothly)
    I USE THIS SMILEY because im a rocker!!! \m/ pantara and nerveina roles!

also yo-yo ma is great.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by yowshi View Post
    i have mouse issues with dosbox. my issue is the mouse cursor moves veeeeeery slow in fullscreen mode. every game i try i have to move the mouse 3 times more then i would have to in say dosemu to get the cursor to move any amount of distance on the screen.
    Which game are you using? It may have issues with DOSBox.

Changing the mouse sensitivity in the configuration file might help. If you haven't created a configuration file, run DOSBox and type the following into its prompt.
    Code:
    config -writeconf dosbox.conf
    This will create a configuration file, dosbox.conf, in "/home/YourUserName/". Open dosbox.conf, find the line that says...
    Code:
    sensitivity=100
    ...and increase it to a higher value e.g. 200, save it and restart DOSBox.

Sorry if this post is off topic
    Last edited by rCXer; June 10th, 2009 at 05:01 AM.