Thread: Gnomad2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Gnomad2

i'm sure its been posted about before, but for anyone who isn't satisfied with the repository version(only 2.8.12), i have built the latest version from source(2.9.1) and created a deb.

Included in the .rar is the Gnomad deb, and the dependencies needed to use it.

Why would you need this you ask?

You probably don't actually, but the newer version provides better(And faster) support for MTP devices.

Please don't ask me about how to fix things if they don't work, im just a simple user offering back what i think would be a helpful package to the community..

Hope everything works for you guys though!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: Gnomad2

Quote Originally Posted by rabid9797 View Post
    i'm sure its been posted about before, but for anyone who isn't satisfied with the repository version(only 2.8.12), i have built the latest version from source(2.9.1) and created a deb.

Included in the .rar is the Gnomad deb, and the dependencies needed to use it.

Why would you need this you ask?

You probably don't actually, but the newer version provides better(And faster) support for MTP devices.

Please don't ask me about how to fix things if they don't work, im just a simple user offering back what i think would be a helpful package to the community..

Hope everything works for you guys though!
    thanks, I'll give a try

Beans

Can Gnomad take an m3u file and transfer the associated music/create playlist on the player? If not I think I'll stick with Amorok which seems to support my creative Zen better than Gnomad.

Beans

must try it

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: Gnomad2

Hey thanks a lot! With little twicking it worked! Ubuntu 8.04 is shipped with most of the libraries you have packed. But libmtp version 7 is installed on Ubuntu 8.04 while the GNomad2 requires libmtp version 6. So I created a link like this libmtp.so.6 -> libmtp.so.7 and it just works!
    NSA is spying on you! Move to Linux!

http://tushargok.blogspot.in
    https://prism-break.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

How do you create that link please?

Also I can use the Gnomad in synaptic but not the new one....I didn't read the 'readme' and installed the deb before the dependencies...does that matter?
    Last edited by MangasColoradas; July 12th, 2008 at 09:34 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Create the link by doing:
    Code:
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libmtp.so.7.1.0 /usr/lib/libmtp.so.6
    Sorry for the topickick
    ➙ Synchronize all your files across Windows, Linux and Mac OS with Dropbox (2GB free storage!). By signing up via this link I'll get some extra space also, thanks!

Multiseat on Ubuntu 10.04