Thread: Public Website

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Public Website

At our last meeting, we decided we would like to create a public website as our face to the world. We want to push our public events, what we do and how we can be of service so perhaps one day people will come to us. We will keep the wiki for internal team information about organization, etc.

Information to include:
    *Event calendar
    *Availability for presentations
    *Photos from install fests
    *Member info?
    *Links to wiki, launchpad, etc
    *How to get help

I will be hosting this on datacenter hosting using the Joomla CMS. Josh and I are heading up this project and will have edit powers. I need suggestions from you all on what else to include and perhaps suggestions on a hierarchal overview.
    Last edited by aboutblank; February 13th, 2008 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Adding more items

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Public Website

If you are interested in writing articles for the website, please contact me. It would be greatly appreciated!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Thanks for getting this project going, Craig. Let's make sure this is on the agenda for the next meeting. I think we could be more specific with what types of articles are needed, so let's use this thread to post our ideas on this.

Also, if anyone would like an opinion on his/her article, feel free to send me a copy in ODF (or plain-text) and I'll review, edit, and critique as necessary.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Craig,

I'll see what I can do to write something. Until I get a few ideas, I'll take suggestions on topics.

--BK