Page 262 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362762 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 10015

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: How many of you completely switched to Linux?

100% ubuntuWindows makes me feel claustrophobic since it
    doesnt have multiple workspaces.

Beans

I just started to use linux for the first time last weekend. Ubuntu all the way (on my laptop). The only thing keeping Windows on my desktop is the electronics simulator for class. I do everything else through Ubuntu...pSX/SNES Roms, word processing, etc.

Beans

On this, I can proudly say I use linux, only. PERIOD

I acquired my first computer in my life in 2006 summer. It is a Dell latitude laptop. I erased XP the first day I got the computer, and put linux into it. All the way down, I have used Suse, Fedora, Debian, Ubuntu. Now I am using a toshiba laptop, with Ubuntu Gutsy.

I did give a thought about why I can live with linux only. I am not a gamer (though now I do play some NES games with gfceu); and in life on on work I don't have to use Word, Excel etc those Microsoft things; I did some scientific computing, and I find that linux is an ideal environment for that; nowdays linux is fancy enough to satisfy all my multimedia needs, like music, movies, online videos ...
    Last edited by qsc; January 24th, 2008 at 05:34 AM.

Beans

I finally installed Ubuntu 7.04 on the old HP PC in the office. Now I'm Ubuntu linux all the time at home. Unfortunately I have to use windows still at work. But our District runs Novell Groupwise to handle email,and the student computers run StarOffice, so at least we're not an all-Microsoft District!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I've pretty much moved everything over to Ubuntu, except my strategy games....so I guess I basically view Vista as a gaming partition anymore.
    DΞLL Precision M6500 "Big Dog": i7-820QM w/USB 3.0, 8.0GB DDR3-1333, 500GB 7200.3, nVidia Quadro FX 3800M 1.0GB DDR3, RGBLED, Intel 6300
    .debBlog (cheat sheets)
    IRS Problems?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper

re: cryptic CLI commands.

this has nothing to do with the commands. this is a wetware issue with memory. See off-topic forum for details.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Define "Completely" ...

I think it will be nearly impossible for someone to "completely" get rid of Windows.

That being said, I currently run my entire music production studio exclusively on Linux. Everything works fine; all hardware and software.

I do not bother wasting time with dual booting Windows since I only use it for tele-comuting. And the only reason I need that is because the VPN software is Windows only. So... I run Windows in VMWare when I need to work remotely. :=)

Until Corporate America (or wherever you may live) gets with the program and demand that their software vendors be OS agnostic, we will have to suffer some Windows in our environments.

That was my 2ç.

D.
    If it is just us, seems like an awful waste of space. - Carl Sagan
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    AMD64 Dual dual-core Opteron (quad core, in case you were not counting) / 4GB RAM (need more RAM)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I haven't completely switched. I still have a five year old eMac running OS X 10.4, but I barely use it now.

And hey, at least they're both UNIX based.

Beans

I almost have. I have found alternatives to all my Windows applications (or can simply live without them).

Unfortunately, I keep having to boot back into Windows everytime I want to burn a data CD or DVD because NeroLinux, K3B, and Brasero all burn coasters for me....so until I solve that issue my XP partition has to stay

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unfortunately, I keep having to boot back into Windows everytime I want to burn a data CD or DVD because NeroLinux, K3B, and Brasero all burn coasters for me....so until I solve that issue my XP partition has to stay
    slumbergod,

I think that you should burn the CD / DVD @ 4 - 8x. I'm not sure how you might be using K3B under M$, or whatever, but that is the best out there.

I've never been successful burning Ubuntu under M$ XP / Vi$ta. Strange...

If you need a CD / DVD I'm sure there are others around in your area that can send you one. Just a thought.

C'mon over to our side. LOL!

Adler
    Web Site - A Work in OpenSource Progress. Where the Adler Roosts!
    Biotech Blog
    Facebook
    Twitter

Page 262 of 1002 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362762 ... LastLast